Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by slaga on 11 May 2018
  • And the guy that owns Savanah Stoker is Billy Merrill who is a member of the forum, but I am not 100% sure what his username is.  He could answer any question you may have regarding compatibility.
    User name is BMerrill. I agree on contacting BMerrill and whoever is at your end that knows more about compatibility issues between US 220V and UK 220V to make it work. Good luck!
  • #17 by Chris__M on 13 May 2018
  • The end to this story - so I had 10 folk around yesterday for games and BBQ, and everything worked splendidly. Had burgers on smoke for a couple of hours before cranking things up to get them ready and also grill some sausages. In total, cooking probably took me from my guests for no more than 20 mins throughout the morning, and mostly didn't hold the game-playing up.

You'll be amazed how quickly I can stack a grill with food, while everyone else takes their turn in the game! :D
  • #18 by SmokinHandyman on 13 May 2018
  • Sounds to complicated to me.
    But I bet you will have it going.
  • #19 by Chris__M on 14 May 2018
  • Sounds to complicated to me.
    But I bet you will have it going.
    There are 3 buttons. One sets the programme type and can be ignored (having set it to the loop programme, I have actually snipped the button inside the case, so it isn't an easy accidental press).

Pressing the second button puts you into configure mode, first for the first timer (how many seconds OFF), then for the second timer (how many seconds ON).

Pressing the third button changes the time setting.

So if I am in 180sec/60sec mode (Smoke) it takes less than a minute to change that to 60sec/60sec mode (Medium). 0sec/60sec is "High".

Pretty simple, especially when you consider you have a variety of settings in-between Smoke/Medium/High.
  • #20 by slaga on 14 May 2018
  • Glad your get together went off without a hitch.  :cool: :bbq: :cool:
  • #21 by Chris__M on 14 May 2018
  • I haven't ruled out the Stoker, now that I know it is fully compatible with my Traeger. But I am going to run with what I have for now, and just see how it works out. As I say, I have the GMG DC for cooking where close temperature control is needed.
Pages:
Actions