Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by BC Buck on 13 May 2018
  • Owned this SG for about a month. Have had temp swings of 150+ while on 220 deg high smoke. Now family do any time and had a flame out situation. Caught before filled bottom of smoker with unburned pellets. Before I started smoker this morning I cleaned out burn pot and opened new bag of lumberjack pellets. What do you think is causing this. First time I had flame out I just restarted and almost burned up smoker. ???
  • #2 by triplebq on 13 May 2018
  • Sorry for your problems. Check and make sure the fan is running.
  • #3 by BC Buck on 14 May 2018

It was running but not sure at time of flame out. Has anyone heard of pellet grills going out when being used.
  • #4 by bregent on 14 May 2018

It was running but not sure at time of flame out. Has anyone heard of pellet grills going out when being used.

Happened on my DLX all the time. Crazy temp swings and then flameout. Never could resolve the problem.
  • #5 by Flboy76 on 14 May 2018
  • I had a flame out yesterday on my DLX, I just used the by pass start up and it worked.  I'm not sure what caused the flame out, no high winds! I was using the high smoke setting, doing 4 racks of spare ribs. I did note that the temp was not rising as fast as it should, but I contributed that to the fact that one of the slaps was resting on the temp probe, not sure if that could have caused the flame out ?????
  • #6 by BC Buck on 15 May 2018
  • There sending me a new rtd and control panel. Opened pit to check out. Pulled everything out so I could watch fire pot. With lid open fired up like normal. After 10 min of watching I noticed it was showing temps 120 to 180 degrees. Thought that was impossible with lid oped. Was able to grab RTD with bare hand.  It was barely 100 degrees. Will keep you updated when I get new parts installed.
Pages:
Actions