Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Selling a Piano  (Read 1345 times)

Dave R.

• Using less gas.
Re: Selling a Piano
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2018, 07:55:33 AM »

Well Portland piano doesn't want it as they have an over supply of this type currently. A piano mover wants $300.00 to take it and recycle it, and the daughter sold her house where the piano is located so it has to go....maybe. The buyer of my daughters house is interested in keeping it. I told daughter to say it's a house warming gift.  :D :D :D
I hope they take the bait. if not I'll get a work out with my sledge hammer. I refuse to pay $300.00 for someone else to recycle it. Perfect as we are in the middle of moving also. One of life's curve balls I suppose.
Wanting to learn until the day I'm gone.

dk117

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2018, 10:47:39 AM »

sorry to hear it didn't work out for you.   An add on Craigslist for free piano you move might be in order.

Good luck

DK

Dave R.

• Using less gas.
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2018, 07:18:24 AM »

sorry to hear it didn't work out for you.   An add on Craigslist for free piano you move might be in order.

Good luck

DK

I guess it would be worth a try. If for no other reason then to see how many scammers offer to buy it for $5000.00 and Guido will come by and get it after I deposit the check. I'm hoping the folks buying our daughter's home will be interested in a free house warming gift. They made an offer site unseen and will be viewing it this Sunday for the first time in person. If they reject the idea it looks like my shoulders and my sledge hammer will get a good work out and the wife's dust pan and broom tested to their limits  ;)
Wanting to learn until the day I'm gone.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2018, 10:12:06 AM »

I don't play and never will, but I would say yes to this if I bought a place in a NY minute! 

The buyer of my daughters house is interested in keeping it.
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up