Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not impressed with Stampede  (Read 3087 times)

Conumdrum

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I love cooking good food for friends and family
Re: Not impressed with Stampede
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2019, 02:44:37 PM »

Yoder, take a look.................. :cool:
Started with Masterbuilt 30 analog, now my cold smoker Got a YS640 3+ years, happy camper Got a Weber performer with a Vortex, best charcoal grill ever Sold my gasser, Retired, gardening, clean, cook.Life is good!

okie smokie

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2019, 07:36:29 PM »

Finally took all this paper to find out what the true problem was:  Movement of the pit INSIDE the box during shipment.  Externally the box looked fine.  Now in retrospect, I recall that my unit did show some cutting into the double thick (1/2 inch!) cardboard that was on the bottom of the outside thick cardboard box.  No damage, but I was surprised to find it. I think that the thick cardboard was there just to absorb that kind of damage. I would agree that they should change that--perhaps with some kind of shock absorbing plugs for the leg holes. (All of us RecTec owners know what I am talking about.).  Batman-let me know if that was the problem. 

Bobitis

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Contrary to popular belief, bacon is a vegetable
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2019, 10:31:32 PM »

One would think that $5 worth of preformed Styrofoam would go a long ways in the shipping damage.
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

sharpstick

• Using less gas.
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2019, 05:08:18 PM »

I have had over 40 smokers delivered to me (in Canada) from RecTec and not one was damaged. But the bags of pellets... oh my, what a joke that has been. Several bags ripped/torn and pellets everywhere. That s on the shipper though, not RecTec.

Overall, very happy with the product and price point and definitely the service which they are known for.

Have a Grillin Good Day!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up