Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Our GEB pup Dozer  (Read 6591 times)

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: Our GEB pup Dozer
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2018, 06:11:56 PM »

Great read.  Continue to keep us updated.  When is Bentley getting his own dog to train? ;)
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2018, 02:02:42 PM »

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Dozer turns 6 mos tomorrow and got his big boy jacket last night.  Does not look too happy, but I think he is a handsome lad in his new vest!

yorkdude

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2018, 02:37:54 PM »

Indeed he is a good looking guy.

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2018, 07:28:42 PM »

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Dozer doing his best "Prisoner of Zenda" impersonation.  What I really think he is saying is "Here kitty, kitty, kitty"! :pig:

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2018, 07:52:23 AM »

[ Invalid Attachment ]

A bit of a long day yesterday. We are baby sitting another dog -- Jeeter (a big good looking 16 month old) and had an event at the Washington DC Hilton,for the GEB pups, so took both Dozer and Jeeter for some work on socialization and interaction with folks. Even though DC is only 65 miles, it was over 2 hours in and nearly two home. The freeway system is just antiquated and not able to handle the traffic. The event was a conference for college kids who were studying to become accountants -- 650 of them. A nice reception with lots of food, noise, sounds and smells! They had a "puppy pen" where folks could come in and visit and also we wandered among the crowd. Great experience for Dozer. Here are the GEB pups and raisers who attended -- I think Dozer is the only one you can't see!

The woman standing on the far right is holding Jeeter!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 12:51:11 PM by Bentley »

yorkdude

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2018, 07:57:35 AM »

How neat is that.
That looks like a lot of fun and again, all for a GREAT cause.

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2018, 08:23:30 AM »

It was good experience but exhausting with so many folks.  Poor Bent, he went with me to handle Jeeter.  I told him that at the previous one I went to, they invited us to have some of the food -- crab cakes, sliders, etc. 

When we came in, they had all sorts of good stuff, but I guess the event organizer wanted to make sure the college kids got a chance at the food before us (understandable).  Typical of college kids, they were like a plague of locust and the food disappeared pretty quickly.  Bent even said "How do those tiny slim girls eat 3 sliders plus all that other stuff on their plates?"!  I felt bad for him, I may have to shell out for some good lump crab!

yorkdude

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2018, 08:47:05 AM »

It was good experience but exhausting with so many folks.  Poor Bent, he went with me to handle Jeeter.  I told him that at the previous one I went to, they invited us to have some of the food -- crab cakes, sliders, etc. 

When we came in, they had all sorts of good stuff, but I guess the event organizer wanted to make sure the college kids got a chance at the food before us (understandable).  Typical of college kids, they were like a plague of locust and the food disappeared pretty quickly.  Bent even said "How do those tiny slim girls eat 3 sliders plus all that other stuff on their plates?"!  I felt bad for him, I may have to shell out for some good lump crab!
They do know how to put it away, that's for sure.

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2018, 10:06:11 AM »

I'm guessing that Bentley took the photograph.  So, is Jeeter in there?
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2018, 10:59:58 AM »

No, a member of a puppy raiser's family took the photo.  If you look at the far right, very back there is a petite woman with red hair.  She is our Regional Manager and trainer.  She is holding Jeeter. The black labs are sure hard to spot in far away photos. Next to her is a tall man and then me.  I am looking down at Dozer -- maybe you can make out his head.  I will try to take a better photo of Jeeter.  He was outside with me this morning and decided that he liked riding around in the golf cart.

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2018, 01:13:06 PM »

[ Invalid Attachment ]

This is Jeeter.  He is better looking than this, I just have no photo skills.  He is super well trained.  I think this is his raiser's third puppy.  They tell me she is a police officer and very disciplined in her approach to training and Jeeter's skills show it!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 01:15:18 PM by Kristin Meredith »

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2018, 07:18:15 AM »

There is a movie coming out about pups becoming guides with GEB called Pick of the Litter. I have not seen it, but some of the GEB puppy raisers hope to go to the one in DC or Charlottesville. From the trailer, it looks like it might tell an accurate story about the journey of the puppies and their raisers.  If it is showing near you, you might enjoy seeing it. I am attaching a link which shows dates and locations of showings all over the US.

Here’s the link. 
https://gowatchit.com/watch/movies/pick-of-the-litter-663966?gwiCampaign=fb-post_facebook-post_2018-06-20_9117&gwi_campaign=facebook-post&gwi_origin=tracking_link&gwi_origin_context=microsite&lead_partner_id=47&partner_asset_id=9117&version=2

Here’s the link where you can find the trailer: https://www.landmarktheatres.com/washington-d-c/e-street-cinema#upcoming

yorkdude

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2018, 05:37:12 PM »

I watched the trailer, it looks like a neat movie.
I also checked and it is coming to Kansas City, the Tivoll theatre, never heard of it but might try to get more info on it.
I also noticed what looked like possibly a DVD of the movie, is that maybe something you know about?

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2018, 05:39:05 PM »

I'm sorry I don't know about a video.  I think I saw that you can rent it via Vudu for about $6, but I don't know what Vudu is.  If it takes up computer bandwidth I know I can't use it.

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2018, 10:42:57 AM »

Seventeen years ago, Guiding Eyes dog Salty took Omar Rivera from the top floors of the World Trade Center North Tower.  Here is a little video of their journey.  Omar recently received his fifth guide dog from GEB -- Sarge -- who was raised by a puppy raiser in our region.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 10:48:34 AM by Kristin Meredith »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up