Pages:
Actions
  • #61 by Bar-B-Lew on 17 Dec 2018
  • Keep us posted as he continues to make it through his training and final placement.  And, be sure to start a new thread about the new little lady.
  • #62 by Kristin Meredith on 14 Jan 2019
  • I know some folks over time have expressed how they would not be able to raise because of how hard it is to let go or what a great thing I am doing, etc.  I want to share a post from a fb page which is just for GEB raisers and vision impaired graduates.  When you read it, I hope what comes through is how much I receive from this undertaking.  The post is by a visually impaired owner:

"After the conference call with puppy raisers last night, I sat for a while contemplating the one message that I hope all of you puppy raisers heard there and, more importantly, understand every single moment: we as handlers owe you a debt that we could never repay. I tell people often that Nacho guides as well as he does because of the trainers but that he is as good and loyal and calm and silly and fantastic as he is because of the raisers. If you did not do what you do, we could not do what we do. If you were not willing to pour yourself into a wiggly puppy who has a lot to learn, we could not hold the handle of a harness and trust that our next step forward will be safe.

When I visited Vermont a few years ago and took Nacho back to Tara S. where he was raised, he remembered everything with exuberant and uncontrolled delight. I wanted that for him, for he is who he is because a family was willing to prepare him to be what I needed him to be. It is a bridge, a bond, a blessing. We feel your generous, sacrificial love with every single step we take as a team, all of us, every step, always.

In gratitude,

Kathy N. and Nacho
    "
  • #63 by yorkdude on 15 Jan 2019
  • Wow, very touching.
  • #64 by Kristin Meredith on 08 Jul 2019
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]

Dozer is back with us for this week and then I will take him Saturday morning to catch the transport up to New York for his "college entrance exam".  He and Sig are trying to get to know each other -- sometimes it goes smoothly, sometimes we need a timeout in the play pen.  Glad to have the boyo back for a few days before we see how he does on his IFT
  • #65 by yorkdude on 08 Jul 2019
  • Hope all goes as planned.
  • #66 by Kristin Meredith on 12 Jul 2019
  • The GEB Prince William Region threw Dozer a "Going Off to College" ice cream party last night in advance of him leaving on Saturday for his IFT. Dozer was part of the PW Region from 4 months old until nearly one year when he then transferred down to Holly in Virginia Beach/Richmond Region. Dozer went to class with the people and dogs who came last night and hopefully he will meet up with two former classmates -- Hodge and Ophelia -- when he gets to the CDC. All the pups got "pup cups" so they were happy campers! It was a special time for us to be able to share this lovely send off. We are all pulling for you at your IFT Dozer!!!

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #67 by Kristin Meredith on 13 Jul 2019

Dozer left for the CDC Center in New York this morning and will already be settled into his new digs.  He takes his "college entrance exam" on Tuesday, so send him good thoughts :cool:
  • #68 by yorkdude on 14 Jul 2019
  • Truly a neat thing, it must really feel good knowing that you play an integral part, nicely done.
  • #69 by Kristin Meredith on 16 Jul 2019

Why is Dozer chewing on a big, fat, corn-cob stogey you ask? Because he is celebrating that he PASSED HIS IFT and now is in harness training. Great first step boyo and I know there will be many more on the path to graduation in several months!!!
  • #70 by yorkdude on 17 Jul 2019
  • Congratulations to him and again, he is a superb looking guy. Continued success to him.
  • #71 by pmillen on 17 Jul 2019
  • Yaaaay!

Go, Dozer, go!
  • #72 by Trooper on 17 Jul 2019
  • WOW  look at the size of those paws
  • #73 by hughver on 17 Jul 2019
  • Wow, what a great avocation, I envy you. What do you use for training treats?
  • #74 by Kristin Meredith on 17 Jul 2019
  • We use Charlee Bear's and I also sometimes use Trainer's Choice Mini-Treats (bacon flavor).  Sig is now 8 months, so I am trying to get off of treats and adopt only what GEB refers to as "use of you" --  lots of verbal praise and touching.
  • #75 by hughver on 19 Jul 2019
  • Thanks Kristin, I'll give them a try.
Pages:
Actions