Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by migraine8626 on 25 May 2018
  • Hi Group...

Thanks for the approval...

I posted several times and I want to thank all of you for the help...I'm not new to smoking having a couple stick burners for a couple decades smoking a variety of meats and sea food, however I am new at pellet...

Being 67 years old it was time to simplify things a little without giving up flavor...I have a Traeger Pro 22...The last few days I was asking questions about my first buckboard bacon run going on the smoker tomorrow...

I also built and raced !/4 mile rear engine dragsters most of my life as well as building hi performance engines...I been a gear head all my life...Also retired from racing...The old heart can't take the G force...

I'm also a seasoned baker with Bread being my passion using sourdough instead of commercial yeast...If anybody is interested in sourdough baking and needs a starter feel free to ask...My starter is from the 1800's passed down through bakers...I got my piece of the starter 26 years ago and been feeding it weekly keeping it healthy, alive, and vibrant...It's a 100% hydration starter being very strong and stable...

Thank you all for reading this and all the time and help you provided...Have a great day...Rock

• #2 by Canadian John on 25 May 2018

•  Welcome indeed, migraine8626..I have always been interested in sourdough and may have to seek your help... If you mastered stick burners, the pellet pit should feel like a holiday.
  • #3 by TLK on 25 May 2018
  • Welcome from Ohio!  I have a wood fired oven in my backyard that I use to make breads but have failed miserably at sourdough.  I have tried multiple times and there is something about the process that I am not getting. 
Pages:
Actions