Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unwanted friend should up last night for BBQ  (Read 1427 times)

jdmessner

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Evart, MI
Re: Unwanted friend should up last night for BBQ
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2018, 10:57:29 PM »

Michigan, it's against the law to harm a rattler... endangered species and all that.

I grew up in SW Michigan. When I was in scouts we attended a district jamboree with troops from around our area. The troop next to ours killed a rattle snake, cut off the rattles, skinned it, and boiled it for hours on end. I think they liked telling the story and having exclusive bragging rights, more than they actually cared about eating the meat. We all felt like we were living on the edge with an extra element of danger, just knowing that a rattler could be in our sleeping bag! When we were packing up to go, there was a very small dead snake under the ground cloth where we sat and ate. I don't think it was a rattler, but that didn't stop us from claiming that it must have been one.The eventual rumor that made the rounds was that our scoutmaster probably sat on it (he was a good sized guy). Hope there is some sort of statute of limitations on snake killing in Michigan or our scoutmaster might still be a wanted man!!!
"If it is not food ~ It's FUN!" - Happy Kyne proprietor of the Bun and Run, Fernwood Ohio

leppolite

• Using less gas.
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2018, 07:41:07 AM »

Seen plenty of timber rattlers while trout fishing in southern Minnesota but luckily none have ever shown up in our yard. My wife would make me burn the entire yard with gas if we ever had a rattler show up here.  :)
Rec Tec RT-680
Akorn Kamado
Pit Boss Copperhead 5

Mikro

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2018, 09:57:57 PM »

I've lived in Texas now for 47 years, used to hunt around Sweetwater TX. Opening morning of dove season one year we killed 38 rattlers and 2 dove. LOL!!! Sweetwater TX has an annual Rattle snake roundup to get as many live snakes to get the venom for anti-venom. :) They are good to eat but can dry out quickly so you have to watch it on the grill.
MK
Firecraft Q450
RecTec 590/Stampede
HomeBrew Upright/Vertical Pellet smoker
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up