Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommended Places to Eat in St Louis?  (Read 1354 times)

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Recommended Places to Eat in St Louis?
« on: May 28, 2018, 11:50:23 AM »

I am working on putting together plans for a 3-4 day trip to St Louis centered around going to the National Blues Museum, a few art museums, and some Chuck Berry and Miles Davis related sites.  Will probably hit the Hard Rock Cafe so my wife can check another one off of her list, and will probably take a tour of Anheuser Busch brewery.

Does anyone have any recommendations for places to eat lunch or dinner?  I do not eat fish/seafood, Asian, or Middle Eastern food types.  Probably most interested in BBQ, steak house, or local dishes.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

SmokinHandyman

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Springfield, Illinois
Re: Recommended Places to Eat in St Louis?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 01:58:30 PM »

This is a good spot.
https://sugarfiresmokehouse.com
There is also a Chuck Berry restaurant. Blue Berry Hill
My brothers band has played there 3 or 4 times.
If you are gonna cook, Make it a fun day even when ya mess it up!                     Louisiana LG700

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 02:47:29 PM »

Don't have any places to recommend, but if you have a chance, get a St. Louis pork steak.

Jimsbarbecue

• Using less gas.
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 12:12:50 AM »

Bogarts

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 08:12:22 AM »

Don't have any places to recommend, but if you have a chance, get a St. Louis pork steak.

Have you ever had that cut before?
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2018, 08:52:45 AM »

Bent can correct me if I am wrong, but I recall we saw these on a food show and I found some at the store, so we made them one time.  I liked it.  Not sure Bentley was thrilled.

SJeP

• Using less gas.
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 08:59:51 AM »

Another vote for Sugarfire Smokehouse.  The bbq is great. The sides are even better!
This is a good spot.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BC Buck

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2018, 06:55:35 PM »

Bogarts
This is one of the best in STL. Definitely need to get a pork steak done correctly.

egmont

• Using less gas.
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2018, 09:33:50 PM »

SugarFire Smokehouse for the brisket and sides - they have regular sides and sides that change daily. Shakes to die for.
Bogarts for the ribs - very close to the brewery.
Pappy's - brother to Bogarts. Everyone raves - I'll take Bogarts.
Salt & Smoke on the Delmar Loop. Blueberry Hill is across the street - where Chuck Berry continued to play. Also where you'll see his statue.  I'm a musician and unfortunately you won't find much in the way of Miles Davis related sites...
There are other very good BBQ places in town (I'm just VERY partial to KC BBQ over St. Louis)
Pork Steak - standard St. Louis fare (but I grew up with them in north Missouri too no matter what they say here about them being born and raised here). Everyone has their way of cooking them - again, SugarFire will run them as a special now and then. Too many times they come swimming in sauce but cooked correctly are great.
Hi-Pointe Drive In - same owners as SugarFire but a burger joint. GREAT burgers with variations on a theme.
Steaks - still searching for THAT steak in St. Louis.
Here is a link to the St. Louis Post Dispatch's food critic's Top 100.
https://graphics.stltoday.com/apps/stl100-2018/

More as I think of them.
GMG Daniel Boone Weber Genesis E-330

BC Buck

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2018, 06:55:35 AM »

Salt & Smoke like egmont said is a good one. Just a warning that down town STL is not real safe. We are averaging 7 SHOOTINGS a day. And thats just the ones the news is talking about.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2018, 07:26:01 AM »

Salt & Smoke like egmont said is a good one. Just a warning that down town STL is not real safe. We are averaging 7 SHOOTINGS a day. And thats just the ones the news is talking about.

Is the Delmar Loop any safer than downtown?  How about the Soulard neighborhood?

nigilcv

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2018, 09:28:40 AM »

This is a good spot.

I second sugarfire...there is another BBQ place near Barnes Jewish hospital, Pappys, that has pretty good ribs.

Sybergs has good overall food as well, depending where you are there are a few locations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BC Buck

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2018, 05:48:23 PM »

Is the Delmar Loop any safer than downtown?  How about the Soulard neighborhood?
They would like you to think so. If your with a group and not out late you should be safer. Google and do some research.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2019, 09:16:11 AM »

I head to St Louis on Sunday.  Should get there around noon.  Fly back home about noon on Thursday.  Planning to go to National Blues Museum when I arrive.  Rest of itinerary is Chuck Berry site, other music related sites, Delmar walk of fame, record stores, breweries, BBQ, maybe a pork steak, and maybe STL pizza.  Also, going to Cardinals game on Sunday night.

Open to any last minute recommendations that I may be able to fit into my schedule.  Looking forward to the trip.  Hopefully, the Blues are playing in the Stanley Cup (although it would be an away game while I am there), and the city is excited about it.

yorkdude

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2019, 10:54:14 AM »

You mentioned St. Louis Pizza. We used to go to a restaurant that was owned by 2 St. Louis transplants in Scottsdale Ariz.
They made the best pizza and they used provel cheese, we loved it, others we took weren't quite as impressed.
We can get it occasionally in our Dillons, it is a processed cheese ( I think american & swiss) and it is awesome on grilled cheese or on a dolled up pizza although you wouldn't think so.
Not sure how common it is there in reality though.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 11:47:04 AM by yorkdude »
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up