Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by BC Buck on 02 Jun 2018
  • Saw post of people grilling salmon. Look like they where grilling on screen with 1/8" holes. Where can I find material like that and is it tough to keep clean?
  • #2 by dk117 on 02 Jun 2018
  • Google frog mats.  I suspect that is what you're looking for.   I did a quick search, lots of mention of them on this site, no reviews yet that I saw.   I do find them to be cumbersome to clean, but they do a nice job for more delicate items like salmon.   

DK
    • dk117
  • #3 by bregent on 02 Jun 2018
  • Q-Matz is another brand of similar products. I know that you can buy Q-Matz in custom lengths, not sure about Frog mats. I cut them to a size that fits inside a standard 13x18 half-sheet cookie pan that I use to soak them in when they get gunked up. Then just wipe off with a sponge and let dry.
  • #4 by Trooper on 03 Jun 2018
  • I cut them to a size that fits inside a standard 13x18 half-sheet cookie pan that I use to soak them in when they get gunked up. Then just wipe off with a sponge and let dry.

Well that's a good idea, bregent.
    That beats me taking them to the car wash and spraying them on the car-mat clip.
  • #5 by Bar-B-Lew on 03 Jun 2018
  • You can buy them on ebay from China for $1.50 per sheet.

I throw them in a bus tray and soak in hot soapy water for a few hours.  Then I scrub them with a brush while still in the water.  Turns out to be pretty easy clean.
  • #6 by BC Buck on 03 Jun 2018
  • You can buy them on ebay from China for $1.50 per sheet.

I throw them in a bus tray and soak in hot soapy water for a few hours.  Then I scrub them with a brush while still in the water.  Turns out to be pretty easy clean.
    [/quote

What brand or name of seller would be appreciated.  Was not able to find.
  • #7 by TLK on 04 Jun 2018
  • I tried these copper grill mats on the gasser for whole trout and it was amazing.  Highly recommend but have no idea how well they will work on the smoker

Pages:
Actions