Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by BC Buck on 02 Jun 2018
  • Found a bag of Lumberjack pecan pellets in the garage. Who has experience with them?
  • #2 by Ross77 on 02 Jun 2018
  • Is it the blend or 100% pecan?

I've use the Pecan blend on briskets and beef rib roasts.  Haven't tried it on anything else but I like it on beef.
  • #3 by pmillen on 02 Jun 2018
  • A pecan tree is a type of hickory tree.  The smoking applications are similar.
  • #4 by Darwin on 02 Jun 2018
  • Pecan is one of my favorites for cold smoking.   :clap:

*edit, I didn't read the title. 
    Pecan is great for all meats IMHO. Like the others have said, it's like a milder hickory. I use it most for Andouille, back bacon and cheese.
  • #5 by glitchy on 03 Jun 2018
  • I have used it on about everything. To me it just seems a little milder than hickory. I do love it on brisket.
  • #6 by BC Buck on 03 Jun 2018
  • Is it the blend or 100% pecan?

I've use the Pecan blend on briskets and beef rib roasts.  Haven't tried it on anything else but I like it on beef.

Yes it Lumberjack 100% Pecan.
  • #7 by Bentley on 03 Jun 2018
  • Anything. 
  • #8 by Bobitis on 03 Jun 2018
  • Anything.

I agree. Pecan should work on whatever you want to cook.
  • #9 by Ralphie on 12 Jun 2018
  • My Baton Rouge, LA based family members and their extended friend network make homemade andouille sausage and other various Cajun/creole sausages.  Pecan is the only wood they use for the sausages that get smoked.  They use pecan and other woods for smoking other meats but when it comes to sausage, particularly of the Cajun bent, it's exclusively pecan.  It appears to be tradition down there, at least in parts of Louisiana. 
  • #10 by grilltreats on 12 Jun 2018
  • I love chicken smoked with pecan wood.  It is my favorite wood for chicken.  I do use apple and cherry sometimes to mix it up a bit.
  • #11 by pz on 12 Jun 2018
  • Agree with all said so far, but I tend to use it on cheese and salmon mostly.
  • #12 by verapx on 12 Jun 2018
  • We use pecan wood and crushed pecan shells when we smoke our deer sausage. Comes out great.
  • #13 by Jimsbarbecue on 13 Jun 2018
  • Anything.  Pecan and cherry I use the most. Also green mountain blends
  • #14 by sac3848 on 14 Jun 2018
  • Pecan and cherry for almost everything
  • #15 by sac3848 on 14 Jun 2018
  • Candy makes a pecan/cherry comp mix
Pages:
Actions