Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Trooper on 04 Jun 2018
  • Well, as everyone knows, I am computer dysfunctional. I'm old/It's a generational thing.
    So I can view all of my old photobucket photos, but I can't do anything with them. I can't email them. And I can't dump
    them in PelletFan (img).
    The four bars to the right of a photo - email/image etc. don't seem to do anything.
    It would be nice if I could recover my photos somehow into the "pictures" folder in my computer.

If there is a way, I would need extensive/detailed instructions.
  • #17 by Bar-B-Lew on 04 Jun 2018
  • Well, as everyone knows, I am computer dysfunctional. I'm old/It's a generational thing.
    So I can view all of my old photobucket photos, but I can't do anything with them. I can't email them. And I can't dump
    them in PelletFan (img).
    The four bars to the right of a photo - email/image etc. don't seem to do anything.
    It would be nice if I could recover my photos somehow into the "pictures" folder in my computer.

If there is a way, I would need extensive/detailed instructions.

Roughly how many pictures do you want to download to your computer from Photobucket?
  • #18 by Trooper on 04 Jun 2018
  • BBLEW
    Probably 50-75
  • #19 by Bar-B-Lew on 04 Jun 2018
  • BBLEW
    Probably 50-75

Might be easy enough to right click on your mouse while on the picture, click save as, find the folder you want to put the file and give it a name.  Do that 50-75 times and your done.  Try it with one and see if you are ok with the results.
  • #20 by pmillen on 05 Jun 2018
  • Most of the previous instructions are slightly incorrect for Apple users.

Speak up (write up?) if you want instructions for macOS.
  • #21 by LowSlowJoe on 05 Jun 2018
  • Well, regardless...  I still don't find value in paying $3/month for 2GB of storage...   I suspect i'm not alone, and photobucket will likely soon cease to exist.
  • #22 by slaga on 05 Jun 2018
  • Log into photo bucket and click on photo. Under Options bottom right click download, save file, OK. It just worked for me. If needed click download, open with, then in that window click save as. Worked both ways for me. Hope it will work for others. Some times it takes awhile for the popup to show up.

Sorry for the quick drawings in red....

Mudflap
    I did this twice and both times the file size was 0 KB and the file that downloaded could not be opened. Then I clicked on the "settings" looking gear in the top right corner of the picture, highlighted in yellow in the picture below, and chose the download option there and the file downloaded properly. I have no idea why one worked and the other did not. I am quite confident the picture I uploaded was a much higher resolution than the one I downloaded but I am sure they reduced the resolution to save space on their servers and I do not take issue with that.

OK I will concede photobucket is not holding my pictures hostage so I am a little less annoyed by them but they will never see a single penny from me for the way they handled the revenue stream transition. I would not have had a problem with Photobucket had they made the transition on a going forward basis and "grandfathered" the existing links. Instead they chose to make the the transition retroactive to the beginning of time and intentionally ruined a tremendous amount of informational threads across the inter-webs.
  • #23 by Trooper on 06 Jun 2018
  • Slaga,

I followed your routine by clicking on the "cog wheel" and then going to download. That process worked fine.
    I located the pics in my computer "DOWNLOADS"

Thanks
  • #24 by Bentley on 06 Jun 2018
  • Ohh sure, do what he says...
Pages:
Actions