Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Free Mr. Tony on 04 Jun 2018
  • A buddy of mine works part time at a liquor store. This showed up today. A Tito's vodka branded traeger. Most of this stuff is typically given to employees, or sold for next to nothing. My friend is hoping for dibs on this, and counting on the manger not knowing it's value.

• #2 by SmokinHandyman on 05 Jun 2018
  • The value of the vodka on the display is worth more than the Traeger
  • #3 by cookingjnj on 05 Jun 2018
  • Tito's is the vodka of choice in this household.  Funny, my wife used to drink wine, when her doctor told her vodka is better than wine for her ... yes the doctor... she now rarely has a glass of wine, but offer a Tito's and sparkling water she is all in!
  • #4 by triplebq on 06 Jun 2018
  • Great marketing from Traeger. The more "regular" people that start to use pellet cookers the better. I saw a stat that said there are 47 Million gas grills in the US. Just imagine if 10%-20% would switch over to pellet units!
  • #5 by Bar-B-Lew on 06 Jun 2018
  • Great marketing from Traeger. The more "regular" people that start to use pellet cookers the better. I saw a stat that said there are 47 Million gas grills in the US. Just imagine if 10%-20% would switch over to pellet units!

I hope that # doesn't happen as it may increase the cost of pellets for us early adopters of pellet cooking.
  • #6 by Darwin on 06 Jun 2018
  • Traeger is running infomercials all over our cable channels in the Phoenix area.  They are mostly in the non prime time hours and on the miscellaneous channels, but they are advertising heavily.
    Cabela's and Pit Boos have also stepped up the advertising and store placements of products.  That will at least get people thinking about pellet grills and looking around.
  • #7 by Bar-B-Lew on 06 Jun 2018
  • Just got a 40 page Cabella's "Cooking" catalog in the mail.  The first 15 pages are pellet grill related.
  • #8 by triplebq on 06 Jun 2018

I hope that # doesn't happen as it may increase the cost of pellets for us early adopters of pellet cooking.

I'm hoping the increase would expand the pellet market. I see this as a good thing. I don't see it increasing the cost of pellets but the opposite.
  • #9 by Bar-B-Lew on 06 Jun 2018

I'm hoping the increase would expand the pellet market. I see this as a good thing. I don't see it increasing the cost of pellets but the opposite.

I see it as an increase because I don't think the supply could keep up with the demand.  When that happens, prices go up.  Of course, this is all speculation at this point.  I see plenty of articles about the state of NC wanting to shut down pellet production because some feel it is bad for the environment.  Too many things like that will limit supply further.  BTW, I am not saying you are wrong either.  Just throwing out a different perspective.
  • #10 by jacksdad on 07 Jun 2018
  • I don’t see that many people having the patience for pellet cooking.  That and the need to keep pellets and electronics dry I think will keep a lot of people away. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • #11 by dk117 on 07 Jun 2018
  • while it seems a foreign concept to us PelletFans, I think jacksdad has it right.   People are intimidated by the price, by the technology, and by the process/time/skill of BBQ.  Add that to the need of constantly replenishing pellets and it's deal killer for most.

We know better, we know propane and charcoal have to be replenished too.   We know how easy it is to produce excellent Q.  Even among my closest friends, 2/3 are intimidated by the process. 

DK
    • dk117
Pages:
Actions