Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by Canadian John on 03 Jun 2018

•  One of the reasons I "preheat" my Memphis to 300º then back it down to smoking temperature after it is loaded is, more smoke sooner..If I don't, it's just like Bent said, it takes a while .
  • #32 by ZCZ on 03 Jun 2018
  • In my picture above it was early afternoon. I started the cook at 5:15 AM. So like Bent & CJ mine takes a while too. But it was smoking like this about 4 hours in.

BTW - hers’s a picture before I put it in a pan & covered with foil. Internal in the thickest part was mid 160’s.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Z
  • #33 by ZCZ on 03 Jun 2018
  • This picture was taken this AM about 3.5 hours into the cook.
    Running at 190.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #34 by Bentley on 03 Jun 2018
  • The hill looks pretty green, how long did it take after the blizzard to get to that condition?
  • #35 by Deebo1133 on 03 Jun 2018
  • In my picture above it was early afternoon. I started the cook at 5:15 AM. So like Bent & CJ mine takes a while too. But it was smoking like this about 4 hours in.

BTW - hers’s a picture before I put it in a pan & covered with foil. Internal in the thickest part was mid 160’s.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Z
    That think looks delicious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • #36 by ZCZ on 05 Jun 2018
  • The hill looks pretty green, how long did it take after the blizzard to get to that condition?

We had a cool spring.  I think it was about a month.  Snowstorm was on 4/15/18.
  • #37 by Woody on 06 Jun 2018
  • Here is my Memphis Pro today.  I experimented and smoked pork belly(from frozen) at 250 for 6 hours with an ambient temp of about 70-75.  It was hard to capture the amount of smoke in a photo but here are a few.  It produced a consistent amount of low smoke which increased when the hood was open and pellets were dropping to make up for that.  I tested the Memphis probe with two Thermoworks probes and it seems to be pretty accurate.  I also have included my starting and finishing pellet supply in the hopper.  The pork belly has strips of fat that I cut off the fatty side and draped over the exposed meat on the bottom, so that's what looks weird.

Pages:
Actions