Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by okie smokie on 05 Jun 2018
  • Spoke with the Firecraft people today.  They are out of stock of the US Made Q450.  It is now being produced in China.  The good news is that all of the 430 SS will be replaced by 304 SS.  I was told that otherwise it would be the same in appearance and function. Might be several months until they are in stock. Price? Hinted that it would be close to the same.  I'm interested but cautious.  My comments are unofficial and may be inaccurate but that is what I was told.  The guy on the phone did not introduce himself.   ???Maybe it would deserve another testing review by Bentley?
  • #2 by RanrocSmoker on 16 Jun 2018
  • Thanks for sharing this! I'm hoping that there will be some surprises like wifi or even the second level grill. Has the rep been on these boards? I think his name is Dan?
  • #3 by okie smokie on 19 Jun 2018
  • Looks like they are keeping the info limited for now.  Guess that makes sense, as they have not gotten their new product yet and worked out the kinks if any.  Can't blame them for that.
  • #4 by RanrocSmoker on 20 Jun 2018
  • Yep, I agree. I reached out to them recently and their rep says there's no ETA on when they'll be back in stock. Fingers crossed that it will be soon.
  • #5 by MN-Smoker on 24 Jun 2018
  • Not sure what they are doing because they were a reseller for various pellet grills.

About 6-12 months ago they removed the other grills from their lineup.

Then they went out of stock on the firecraft and it's been like that for a while. 
    Also, the second shelf was just months away at one point and that never came around.

I wonder as a business how that's working out not having stock to sell can cripple you.
    I guess I'm glad I got the one I got considering you can't buy one.

I'm not sure what I would have bought if I couldn't have gotten one for $800 when I did.

• #6 by okie smokie on 24 Jun 2018
  • Maybe they got side swiped by the steel tariff wars.  Also, takes time for another company to duplicate your product.  Big up front costs to set it up.  We tried to set up an injected plastic furniture toy many years ago (desk and table sized), and the costs were outrageous in China just to set up the assembly, molds, and labor.  We abandoned the project cause building by hand with wood stateside was prohibitive as well.  Hope they get it done.
  • #7 by MN-Smoker on 07 Aug 2018
  • Seems like they are still out of stock.

They quit selling other pellet grills, and now they don't have their own to sell.
    Seems like a bad business decision to run out of inventory on grills during the summer months.

• #8 by okie smokie on 07 Aug 2018
  • Hmmn.   They should have had some updated news by now.  They used to monitor this thread, and now nothing? Hmmn.  :2cents:  Just went to their site, and notice that it has not had active entries for about 6-7 months in either testimonials, or q and a.  Hmmn again. HELLO! ARE YOU OUT THERE? :help:
  • #9 by RanrocSmoker on 07 Aug 2018
  • I go to their website almost every day and click on the link to the Q450 page thinking that "today will be the day that they have it in stock"....every day I'm a disappointed LOL!
  • #10 by bucky919 on 08 Aug 2018
  • I've gave up hope since they never released a second shelf, seemed like a pretty easy task, since they kept saying coming soon. I ordered a rectec wifi controller for mine.
  • #11 by bten on 08 Aug 2018
  • I've gave up hope since they never released a second shelf, seemed like a pretty easy task, since they kept saying coming soon. I ordered a rectec wifi controller for mine.

It would be interesting to see how the Rec Tec controller works with the Firecraft.  Please let us know how it works out.
  • #12 by MN-Smoker on 02 Nov 2018
  • Still out of stock.

Really strange as they missed this grilling season.
  • #13 by pmillen on 02 Nov 2018
  • Still out of stock.

Really strange as they missed this grilling season.

More information late in this thread.
Pages:
Actions