Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by GatorDave on 09 Jun 2018
  •      Is anyone very familiar with the Maverick line from Pitts and Spitts?  First off, they have one really cool feature with the rolltop lid which makes the front shelf very usable.  Most importantly though, I was watching some videos on youtube from owners, and they seem to put out a lot of smoke constantly.  It appears to really produce a lot of smoke without the ups and downs.  I'm just wondering if those things push out the smoke like it appears.
  • #2 by Fire708 on 10 Jun 2018
  • Thanks for posting this. Never heard of them but really nice grills and added to my short list!
  • #3 by GatorDave on 10 Jun 2018
  • I'm just really curious about the smoke output.  In the videos I saw, it didn't stop.  It looked like a constant heavy smoke output at 225 degrees.  Here is a link to the video. https://youtu.be/wShms5-gBF4  If this thing really does put out the smoke like this, I may have to rethink my current plan.  I was definitely hoping someone here had some experience with them.
  • #4 by SJeP on 12 Jun 2018
  • The video appears to be shot at night with a light source. I think that makes the smoke more visible.

I've noticed the same constant blue smoke from my Blaz'n Grand Slam at night if I shine a light at the stack. The smoke is easier to see under those conditions.

So I think the smoke output you're seeing in the video is typical of most pellet grills and not unique to the Pitts & Spitts.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• #5 by GatorDave on 12 Jun 2018
  • The video appears to be shot at night with a light source. I think that makes the smoke more visible.

I've noticed the same constant blue smoke from my Blaz'n Grand Slam at night if I shine a light at the stack. The smoke is easier to see under those conditions.

So I think the smoke output you're seeing in the video is typical of most pellet grills and not unique to the Pitts & Spitts.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ok, thanks.  That's the info I was looking for.  That means that I don't have to add another pit to my decision making.  I do love that rolltop lid though.
Pages:
Actions