Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: My how this site has grown  (Read 1271 times)

riverrat49

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • "If all else Fails call it Burnt Endz" Spokane, WA
    • G-Pa D's BBQ Team
My how this site has grown
« on: September 04, 2017, 12:46:49 PM »

I was in a competition near Oregon City from Friday to Late Sunday it was a cell signal wasteland, came back today and now have 4 pages of posts to read...  :cool: :cool: :cool:, This site is Rockin..
World Food Championship Culinary Team- 2016, 2017, 2018 Taste of America Challenge Champion- 2016/2018 World Food Championship Judge Competition Pitmaster/ Certified BBQ Judge

Quadman750

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • North of the border
Re: My how this site has grown
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 12:49:48 PM »

Many times a day I log on as I can't wait to read all the new posts, I'm addicted.
Memphis Elite Memphis Pro Vision Kamodo Weber Performer Deluxe

InThePitBBQ

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 12:56:35 PM »

This is an outstanding group of people, what I wouldn't give for a long weekend of *potluck* style pellet cooking with everyone making their favorites it would be culinary heaven!

It's a fun, friendly place to stop in and read I really am enjoying it.

GrillinGlen

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
  • Meridian, Idaho
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 01:12:37 PM »

This is an outstanding group of people, what I wouldn't give for a long weekend of *potluck* style pellet cooking with everyone making their favorites it would be culinary heaven!

It's a fun, friendly place to stop in and read I really am enjoying it.

Then you better come when the Pelletfan team competes. That is one of my favorite aspects of the team competitions.  At almost any given time someone is pulling something off a pit, a practice entry, or left over from an entry or just something someone is cooking to feed the team.  The pits are always going and food is always coming out, and never from the same person.
2011 SS Memphis Pro

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 01:14:35 PM »

That would be amazing!

I'm not much of a joiner, but I'm happy here.  It has the same feeling as a team.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

riverrat49

• G-Pa D's BBQ Team
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 02:29:34 PM »

Just a little FYI- a few years ago we organized a Portland/Vancouver get together of what I'll now call PelletFans. It's a great way to socialize if you can't make a trip to the Royal or other distant location...
World Food Championship Culinary Team- 2016, 2017, 2018 Taste of America Challenge Champion- 2016/2018 World Food Championship Judge Competition Pitmaster/ Certified BBQ Judge

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 03:03:20 PM »

The posts and cooks and pictures from the members have just been unbelievable and added so much content in such a short time.  The site is actually growing faster than we anticipated, so we are a bit behind on a few things and ask for a little patience.

I know members have asked about a section for posting reviews of rubs and sauces.  Also for reviewing gadgets and other tools and products for a pit.  We are generally in favor and will get a board for this, but we are trying to formulate a few guidelines.  We want good input and don't want a producer of a product to come in and start posting stuff and being a fan boy and it taking us a period of time to figure that out.  On the other hand, not sure how to guard against that and may just have to trust members to alert us if they see some obvious abuse.  Always open to ideas on that front.  But we will get something going after the Bama-FSU trip.

GREG-B

• Washougal WA
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2017, 03:06:55 PM »

Just a little FYI- a few years ago we organized a Portland/Vancouver get together of what I'll now call PelletFans. It's a great way to socialize if you can't make a trip to the Royal or other distant location...

How many years ago was this?   Where was I?   Where was my invite?   So many questions!!
If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy.

riverrat49

• G-Pa D's BBQ Team
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2017, 03:11:06 PM »

I'm thinking 2012-13 time frame, I come to Vancouver, WA to see my Dad as often as I can. One of the Forum members offered his place and we brought brought sides and BBQ.

How many years ago was this?   Where was I?   Where was my invite?   So many questions!!

GREG-B

• Washougal WA
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2017, 03:14:44 PM »

If something like this comes about again, I'm in and I've got 2 acres of........well it's pretty brown now but, normally it's green grass available to sit around, grill, smoke and gossip about smoking.   I figure about next summer there oughta be enough Pelletfans locally to get something goin.   :cool:

Quadman750

• North of the border
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2017, 03:33:30 PM »

If something like this comes about again, I'm in and I've got 2 acres of........well it's pretty brown now but, normally it's green grass available to sit around, grill, smoke and gossip about smoking.   I figure about next summer there oughta be enough Pelletfans locally to get something goin.   :cool:

I would love to get together with members here for regional events in the Midwest if at all possible, might be a good idea to start adding our locations to personal forum profiles to facilitate getting together for these.

You can check out PelletFan map here

https://mapalist.com/map/640763
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 03:35:30 PM by Quadman750 »
Memphis Elite Memphis Pro Vision Kamodo Weber Performer Deluxe

InThePitBBQ

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2017, 03:33:51 PM »

I would love to get together with members here for regional events in the Midwest if at all possible, might be a good idea to start adding our locations to personal forum profiles to facilitate getting together for these.

I listed my city/state in my profile but it doesn't display in forum posts, maybe we can get the powers that be to change that as an option.

GREG-B

• Washougal WA
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2017, 03:37:08 PM »

There is generic locations on the map if members wish for their location to be posted.  But it would be nice if their general location was near their profile picture on posts.  Would be sorta handy too. :clap:

Trooper

• Grand Haven, MI
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2017, 03:38:29 PM »

At this writing there's about 26  "fans"  on the map topic.
That's decent.
That number is probably 1/3 of those signed up.
The N/W still rules in that area. They're hard to compete with.
Through many dangers, toils, and snares,I have already come;
-Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,
   and grace will lead me home.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2017, 03:51:25 PM »

I listed my city/state in my profile but it doesn't display in forum posts, maybe we can get the powers that be to change that as an option.

Put that info in the text section of the profile and it will show up for you...I just added it to mine a few minutes ago.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up