Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Bentley on 11 Jun 2018
  • What happened to the corn based water bottles that like disintegrate after like 60 days?
  • #17 by Kristin Meredith on 11 Jun 2018
  • A friend posted a UK video this morning on fb -- a bar in England is using pasta straws to cut down on plastics.
  • #18 by pmillen on 11 Jun 2018
  • There was a radio news story a few weeks ago that plastic straws are about to be federally legislated against.  As I recall, the gist was that they represent a high percentage of the plastic floating in the ocean and that they can easily be replaced by paper straws, circa 1940.
  • #19 by Kristin Meredith on 11 Jun 2018
  • I wasn't around in the 40's but we used paper straws in the 60's when I was a kid.  Seems a no brainer to go back to them.
  • #20 by Bobitis on 11 Jun 2018
  • I wasn't around in the 40's but we used paper straws in the 60's when I was a kid.  Seems a no brainer to go back to them.

Seems like it huh... I'd be curious as to what all was in those straws.

• #21 by grilltreats on 11 Jun 2018
  • I don't use straws and never have.  I like to quench my thrust by wetting my lips also and can't do that with a straw.  I bring this up because every restaurant gives me a straw whether I ask for it or not.  Maybe they should ask first to reduce plastic waste.
  • #22 by CaptJerry on 14 Jun 2018
  • I don't care about recycling unless it benefits me.
    I also don't care what the state of California thinks about my V8 Hemi pickup.
  • #23 by triplebq on 14 Jun 2018
  • I try to recycle everything possible.
Pages:
Actions