Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Electric Trailer Dolly  (Read 1533 times)

Dave R.

• Using less gas.
Re: Electric Trailer Dolly
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2018, 07:26:33 AM »

I have used electric pallet jacks at work. They are easy to use. I would think they would drive similarly. Do you have incline? That would be one thing to look into if you have to move the boat up hill. Make sure it is rated for slops. Don't want a runaway boat. Man if you have the $$$$ there is a cool remote controlled one....To much for me.

I would stop by High end boat dealer and ask them. I think most use a fork truck but they may know of people that have one.

If you get one post your results please. I could use one also if not to much. I have 3 boats and could maneuver them into the space that I park 2 in today. Wife  :cool: would like to get the 3rd out of the driveway.

Mudflap

The one I've got my eye on is made by Trailer Valet. https://www.trailervalet.com/product-category/main/
The Trailer Valet XL appears to be more than up to the task. There is also a gentleman on another site I frequent that has a used one. Only problem is I would need to modify it to work. Should learn today if our offer is accepted and we can close of the house. Fingers crossed.
Wanting to learn until the day I'm gone.

yorkdude

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2018, 08:16:01 AM »

After reading your post I looked around and saw probably this one that’s powered by a drill, who’d have thought? Good luck and hope things go good for you.

Mudflap

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • Sunset in Harrisburg Oregon
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2018, 10:55:58 AM »

I have used electric pallet jacks at work. They are easy to use. I would think they would drive similarly. Do you have incline? That would be one thing to look into if you have to move the boat up hill. Make sure it is rated for slops. Don't want a runaway boat. Man if you have the $$$$ there is a cool remote controlled one....To much for me.

I would stop by High end boat dealer and ask them. I think most use a fork truck but they may know of people that have one.

If you get one post your results please. I could use one also if not to much. I have 3 boats and could maneuver them into the space that I park 2 in today. Wife  :cool: would like to get the 3rd out of the driveway.

Mudflap

The one I've got my eye on is made by Trailer Valet. https://www.trailervalet.com/product-category/main/
The Trailer Valet XL appears to be more than up to the task. There is also a gentleman on another site I frequent that has a used one. Only problem is I would need to modify it to work. Should learn today if our offer is accepted and we can close of the house. Fingers crossed.

Ya that's the one. sure looks slick.

Mudflap
Just want to cook good food. DB GMG

Dave R.

• Using less gas.
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2018, 11:49:31 AM »

Agreement has been reached on the new property and papers are all signed until our little hand busting session with the title company. Now I can can get serious about one of these units. Thanks to all for the replies and suggestions. Dave

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2018, 12:13:40 PM »

Congrats on your new home.  I hope you all enjoy many happy years there!

Dave R.

• Using less gas.
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2018, 07:52:17 AM »

Congrats on your new home.  I hope you all enjoy many happy years there!
Thanks Kristin. This is a big change for my wife and I. Our grandkids currently live very close and this move will put us a long days drive away. Our daughter has never been very far away and even she at 37 years of age is having some anxiety. All that being said the change will be good in the long run for my wife and I and for a days drive or a visit to a nearby airport we can be back in no time. Just won't be on call to pick up the grandkids on a moments notice as we have before and will really miss their school functions and sports activities. Even our grandsons friends are a little upset as they have called us grandma and grandpa for as long as we have known them. Love them all but a change is really what needs to happen.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up