Member Reviews > Reviews of Sauces, Rubs, Marinades, Brines

Oakridge BBQ Dominator Sweet Rib Rub

(1/3) > >>

GatorDave:
1.  Product Name: Oakridge BBQ Dominator Sweet Rib Rub

2.  Purpose of Product:  It's a rub for ribs.

3.  Pros and Cons of Product: It is absolutely fantastic.  Mostly all natural.  It is a nice blind of spicy and sweet.  On the downside, it is a little pricey and does contain Maltodextrin.

4.  My impressions and other thoughts on the product:  I just found my new favorite rub for ribs.  Wow is this stuff delicious.  I found it at a local BBQ store and that had a lot of rubs so I asked the guy what his favorite one on the shelf was.  He handed me this stuff and said trust me.  I like the sweet heat that it gives to the ribs.  I'm a big fan of sweet heat.  I also like the fact that there is very little artificial things in it, just the maltodextrin.

Here is a list of the ingredients on the back:

Raw cane sugar, sea salt, granulated honey, chilies (incl. ancho, paprika, guajillo, serrano, and chipotle), granulated garlic, black pepper, granulated onion, coriander, vietnamese cinnamon, yellow mustard, lime juice solids, other spices, and maltodextrin.

It is so good on ribs.  I'm in love.  Now, it is a rib rub, but I'm going to try it on other things, because I can't imagine it not being great on just about anything.

5. Would I recommend this product:  I would highly recommend it.  To me it is worth every penny.  It was $15 for a 1 pound bag.  If you like a nice sweet heat, this is a great rub to try.

DaisyCutter:
I love the Black Ops brisket rub, so good.  :P

reubenray:
How much of the cinnamon do you taste?  My wife hates that on meat.

GatorDave:

--- Quote from: reubenray on June 17, 2018, 07:19:55 AM ---How much of the cinnamon do you taste?  My wife hates that on meat.

--- End quote ---

I'll let you know as soon as I use it again.  I'm pretty sure there was some cinnamon flavor, but I was more paying attention to the sweet heat and I'm not sure if my recollections are correct.  On that first try I wasn't paying as close attention to the nuances of it.  I'm guessing their other rubs are going to be just as good.  If you go to their website, they list the ingredients of all of their rubs, so you should be able to find something you will like that doesn't have the cinnamon in it.

Kristin Meredith:
Thank you for the excellent review.  It is great when we can get some first hand insight from an actual consumer on the product!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View