Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by ZCZ on 06 Jul 2018
  • We would probably bring our generator like we do for comps.

i might be able to bring my Pro down there if you bring a generator.

What time would the festivities begin?  What time would we start setting up?

Z
  • #17 by Bentley on 06 Jul 2018
  • It is a 6pm game.  We would want to have everything back in truck by 5:30.  It will probably be an all day event for us.  We will probably get up, have breakfast and go out some where around the motel parking lot set up.  I would think we will be all set up by Noon...we have nothing else to do but sit around, cook food (if you bring a pit) and drink Gatorade and Ice Tea!  But we can always just have sandwiches and sides if it is a pain!

I see the average temperature on September 8th is 75°...I guarantee, with us coming, never fails, the record for that day is 99°, I assure you it will be 100° that day!  If it really is 75°, it is gonna be a party day!

• #18 by ZCZ on 06 Jul 2018
  • There is no such thing as a bad day when hanging out with BBQ buds. Just that some days are better than others.
    Z
  • #19 by ZCZ on 10 Jul 2018
  • i am going to cancel out on bringing my Pro down but will bring a dish to pass instead.
    Perhaps someone with a smaller grill can bring theirs?

Z
  • #20 by Bentley on 10 Jul 2018
  • No need for pit.  To much hassle for anyone...My uncles have a small charcoal square unit that will fit in truck.  Will bring it and if wee really need flame it will do!
  • #21 by pmillen on 10 Jul 2018
  • Memphis could get a bit of exposure (advertising) if they had a pit there.  They're fairly local.
  • #22 by Kristin Meredith on 25 Jul 2018
  • We are ordering our tickets today.  Going to splurge and spend more than we normally would to get better seats.  We figured if we are traveling this far (and I don't think FSU will be playing anywhere close to us for several years so might be last game for a while), we would get a bit closer to the action!!!
  • #23 by Bentley on 25 Jul 2018
  • Tickets bought, so as long as the Mississippi does not flood we are Golden!
  • #24 by Bentley on 25 Jul 2018
  • 75% of the people attending own one!  Now the AR is another story!

Memphis could get a bit of exposure (advertising) if they had a pit there.  They're fairly local.
  • #25 by Gringo on 31 Jul 2018
  • Unfortunately, I will not be able to join you on this day.  It turns out that I will be traveling myself that weekend and will not be in the area.  I will be there with you in spirit!

- Gringo
  • #26 by pmillen on 31 Jul 2018
  • 75% of the people attending own one!  Now the AR is another story!

:)  I meant the other tailgaters in the area, not your companions.
  • #27 by Kristin Meredith on 31 Jul 2018
  • Probably will just have to be cold stuff, maybe freshly made off the tailgate of the truck.  Maybe a few loaves of good french bread (with some of the inside bead pulled out) filled with various meats and cheeses, lettuce, tomato, etc.  You just cut off what you want.  A few salads.  Something sweet. I will have to give it a bit more thought.
  • #28 by ZCZ on 08 Aug 2018
  • I will swing by Costco on my way over and pick up various and sundry chips and snacks.

Al
  • #29 by MN-Smoker on 29 Aug 2018
  • Hi all,
    For anyone interested in MN area, you can get some heavily discounted or free tickets to this game via a Red Baron pizza offer going on.
    I just secured two tickets.
    I'll try and stop by to say hi at least.

• #30 by Bentley on 29 Aug 2018
  • I will ask this again before we leave next week, but we would like to get a head count if you wanna eat.  We dont mind having food there, but dont want to have to deal with a bunch of left overs.

Also, if you wanna sit, bring a chair and BYOB...Have decide we will be there from 1-5 since it is a 6pm game!
Pages:
Actions