Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: PelletFan Tailgate -Fresno State Bulldogs v UofM Golden Gophers Football 9/8/18  (Read 4638 times)

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog

How was the tailgating and the game?
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

MN-Smoker

• Starting to taste the Smoke.

Bentley and Kristen - sorry I missed you guys.
I was walking around the area and didn't see the setup, but later I saw someone in a Fresno shirt walking around the stadium, and now seeing this thread with a posted picture, it appears it must have been the two of you.

Hope you enjoyed the game.  Exciting to the end.  At least we shared some nice weather with you.

Firecraft Q-450 Broilmaster Superb Gasser

Trooper

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Grand Haven, MI

Well in the end the Gophers squeeked it out and came out on top.
But the Bulldogs and their fans can hang their heads high.
Shalom, Bent & Kris.
Have a safe trip back home.
Through many dangers, toils, and snares,I have already come;
-Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,
   and grace will lead me home.

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.

We got up at 5:10 am and were on the road by 5:45.  Drove from Minneapolis to Indianapolis trying to deter around Chicago (not that easy to plot) so it was a 700 mile day.  Have just had supper and I am done.  I will have to post about the trip after we get home tomorrow night -- a 600 mile day tomorrow so look for something Wed.  We have decided that we have gotten too old to be the road warrior we were of old.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry

Sorry also!  We were out there for awhile at 2, ate a little, then decided no one was coming so we went back to the room.  Memphis Tech came by about 3:30 and we were in the room, he could not find us either, but he called up to the romm so we came down and we visisted for about 45 minutes, then he went home and I went to take a shower, changhe and into the game.

Many comments on the game, the people around the game and just the trip...But not tonight!  Trooper, I knew I could count on you Buddy!

Bentley and Kristen - sorry I missed you guys.

I strongly urge Meatloaf lover's to avoid the dish at Bob Evens in East Indianapolis...Very bad!  Finishing my 4th slider and getting into the sack!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 08:54:35 PM by Bentley »
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry

1st rate stadium, doubt you could find a bad seat in it!  The people were great, folks around us were true fans, but they were not obnoxious!  Fresno State's offense did not show up till the last 9 minutes, anyone that watched the whole game knows what I mean.  We made it look much closer then it was at the end.  Not sure if Dogs were flat, or they just cant play with a "major" conference at any level.  I truly thought we were going to beat them by 20 before the game, but the M defense dominated the Dogs!  I don't think the offense was across 50 yard line till middle of 3rd quarter and I think they had 3 first downs in 1st half!

I guess we will see what happens in a year at Fresno!

« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 03:14:49 PM by Bentley »

ZCZ

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.

1st rate stadium, doubt you could find a bad seat in it!  The people were great, folks around us were true fans, but they were not obnoxious!  Fresno State's offense did not show up till the last 9 minutes, anyone that watched the whole game knows what I mean.  We made it look much closer then it was at the end.  Not sure if Dogs were flat, or they just cant play with a "major" conference at any level.  I truly thought we were going to be them by 20 before the game, bit the M defense dominated the Dogs!  I dont think the were across 50 yard line till middle of 3rd quarter and I think they had 3 first downs in 1st half!

I did not see the game (recently cut my cable) but the Dog defense could not have been all that bad as the Gophers did not score that many points.
Was a pleasure to spend time with you and Kristin and was glad it worked out!  Looking forward to seeing you a year from now at the Royal!  Would love to cook a smaller comp with you if we could work out the details.

Z
2013 Memphis Pro
24th in Ribs at the 2015 American Royal
Titus 3:3-7

MN-Smoker

1st rate stadium, doubt you could find a bad seat in it!  The people were great, folks around us were true fans, but they were not obnoxious!  Fresno State's offense did not show up till the last 9 minutes, anyone that watched the whole game knows what I mean.  We made it look much closer then it was at the end.  Not sure if Dogs were flat, or they just cant play with a "major" conference at any level.  I truly thought we were going to be them by 20 before the game, bit the M defense dominated the Dogs!  I dont think the were across 50 yard line till middle of 3rd quarter and I think they had 3 first downs in 1st half!

Glad you enjoyed the stadium and good to hear the Minnesotans were Minnesota-Nice.

I think you have an excellent team.  I believe we had a few guys play above their level which was needed to win that game.  Our best player got hurt on the third offensive play so a few young guys had to play a lot more, but it was an exciting game.  Our defense had a really good effort including the insane defensive play at the end of the game. 

I would bet your team scores 24 or more in every game after this.

Good luck to Fresno St the rest of the season!

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry

The Dog D for the most part held up their end!  Two 50+ field golds attest to that.  They just had to be on the field 13 minutes longer then the offensive, and had to deal with Dog offensive giving the ball back on a turnover in Minnesota territory!  The offensive did not hold up there end of the agreement!

I did not see the game (recently cut my cable) but the Dog defense could not have been all that bad as the Gophers did not score that many points.

Will see if they rebound this Saturday, if they can beat UCLA in Pasadena I will write Minn loss off as an off day!

ZCZ

The Dog D for the most part held up their end!  Two 50+ field golds attest to that.  They just had to be on the field 13 minutes longer then the offensive, and had to deal with Dog offensive giving the ball back on a turnover in Minnesota territory!  The offensive did not hold up there end of the agreement!

Will see if they rebound this Saturday, if they can beat UCLA in Pasadena I will write Minn loss off as an off day!

I think UCLA had their clocks cleaned last week so they could be in a nasty mood and ready to kick some butt.  Go Dogs!
Z
2013 Memphis Pro

MN-Smoker

I like the Dogs against UCLA.
Hopefully a big win.

Bobitis

• Contrary to popular belief, bacon is a vegetable

In case no one noticed, I'm a DAWG fan (UW Huskies). I hate all other Pac 12 teams (except the Cougars at WSU 1 time a year).  WOOF!

I see no reason why the Bulldogs of FS can't put another beat down on UCLA. Cincy beat them 27-16, and we won't even mention OU.

Go Dogs!
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry

Fresno State 38-UCLA 14.  Now the teams I saw last night is the team I had hoped to see in Minneapolis!

Marcus McMaryion 22/33 for 270   with 1 passing TD and 4 rushing TD's.
Jordan Mims 21 for 85.

Defense 2 fumbles recovered and 2 INT!   

ZCZ

Fresno State 38-UCLA 14.  Now the teams I saw last night is the team I had hoped to see in Minneapolis!

Marcus McMaryion 22/33 for 270   with 1 passing TD and 4 rushing TD's.
Jordan Mims 21 for 85.

Defense 2 fumbles recovered and 2 INT!

Nice win!
And at the Rose Bowl no less, on enemy turf.
Z
2013 Memphis Pro

Bobitis

• Contrary to popular belief, bacon is a vegetable

A nice spanking for FS.  8)

Thanks from up north!  :pig:
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up