Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by ShannyBananny on 21 Jun 2018
  • Has anyone ordered meat from Zaycon?  If so, what did you order and how was your experience?

https://www.zayconfresh.com/
  • #2 by pmillen on 25 Jun 2018
  • I guess not. 
    I looked at the web site pages that can be viewed without an account.  They only sell by the case.  I'd have to organize a group buy and even at that, I'm not certain that there's much advantage over Costco.
  • #3 by Th3Batman86 on 25 Jun 2018
  • I have been ordering from Zaycon for probably 5 years now. I buy two cases (40lb each) of chicken breasts every year and it lasts me all year (we eat a lot of chicken) I have also ordered the ground beef, ground turkey, and chicken thighs. I have a case of chicken wings and a case of bacon that I pick up in another couple weeks. The quality is fantastic but it is a little bit of work. You get it "right off the truck" so you meet the semi in a large parking lot somewhere at a set time. There is normally only a 20 minute window so you just have to make it work. You pull up, they have volunteers (you get credit toward your account for volunteering) who put the stuff in your car for you and you drive off. The breasts come butterflied so my wife and I make a couple hours of separating and vacuum sealing. Same with the thighs, the ground meats come already packaged in 1lb chubs so that is easy. My freezer is full of Zaycon meat feel free to ask any questions you might have.
  • #4 by pmillen on 25 Jun 2018
  • Batman, do you compare prices to Sam's Club or Costco?
  • #5 by Bar-B-Lew on 25 Jun 2018
  • Batman, do you compare prices to Sam's Club or Costco?

Or Restaurant Depot...they have had 40# cases of boneless skinless breasts for $0.99-$1.09/#.  They need a little trimming before vac seal, but well worth it.  And, the trimmings can be used to make soup stock.
  • #6 by Th3Batman86 on 25 Jun 2018
  • I do not have a restaurant depot around me. I do have a Cash and Carry but they only have frozen bulk chicken, not fresh, when I say fresh, this zaycon stuff is fresh.

I logged into my account to see what was what.... I paid 1.99/lb for the chicken thighs, 3.99/lb for the 93/7 ground beef ... 3.99/lb for the bacon, and 3.49/lb for the jumbo chicken wings ....  my last order for boneless skinless breasts was 1.89/lb.

Let me just say that I do not look around and compare prices. I have been shopping with Zaycon since 2012 and everything has been of the highest quality. So while I am pretty sure I am getting a good deal buying it direct, even if I am not and I am paying regular prices I still like the quality, and I like that they exist and I like to support them. We have a big freezer and like just buying the chicken for the year all at once.

Everything is not perfect though, sometimes they have supplier problems, my bacon and chicken wing pickup in July has been rescheduled twice. Always with weeks advance notice but still, it has been moved. They sent an email out a couple weeks ago addressing this and basically it is just growing pains. They are getting more popular. I have never had a problem with the quality of the product.

• #7 by Bar-B-Lew on 25 Jun 2018
  • I think wings were $1.89/# for jumbo and they were fresh as was the chicken breasts.  Glad you are happy with your meat provider.  That is always a plus.
  • #8 by Bentley on 25 Jun 2018
  • Or Apple/Maple/Cinnamon Breakfast sausage!

They need a little trimming before vac seal, but well worth it.  And, the trimmings can be used to make soup stock.
  • #9 by Th3Batman86 on 25 Jun 2018
  • I have never thought of doing anything with the trimmings, interesting.
  • #10 by Bar-B-Lew on 25 Jun 2018
  • I have never thought of doing anything with the trimmings, interesting.

I freeze them and then give them to my Dad to make soup.  I am sure there are plenty of things they can be used for.  I wonder if they could be used in place of pork fat when making sausage.
  • #11 by DMAXNAZ on 26 Jun 2018
  • Just went to their website. They have suspended business as of yesterday.
  • #12 by pmillen on 26 Jun 2018
  • Let me just say that I do not look around and compare prices. I have been shopping with Zaycon since 2012 and everything has been of the highest quality. So while I am pretty sure I am getting a good deal buying it direct, even if I am not and I am paying regular prices I still like the quality, and I like that they exist and I like to support them.

Yeah.  I get that.  I don't pay much attention to prices, either.  I buy bread every week and I can't tell you the price.  I made the mistake of thinking that people only buy in bulk to save.
  • #13 by Th3Batman86 on 26 Jun 2018
  • Just went to their website. They have suspended business as of yesterday.

Well....... that sucks...... I wonder about my bacon or my refund....
  • #14 by Bentley on 26 Jun 2018
  • Please understand I am not pointing fingers, if this had been a link I did not want it would have been removed...but it tends to highlight why I have issues with some links.  You never know what is going to happen.
  • #15 by ShannyBananny on 26 Jun 2018
  • If links aren't allowed, I apologize for posting one.  Hope I didn't violate a rule.

Zaycon has been in business for several years and I almost pulled the trigger and ordered from them because a few people I know have been happy with their products.  It is also my understanding that they are basically farm to truck to freezer so very fresh.  It is so ironic that when I ask for feedback about it on here, they go out of business.  Go figure. 

I read about the suspension last night on FB and a lot of people have contacted their credit card company to get a refund.  Hopefully, that is an option for you, Th3Bathman86.  Not quite sure what the story is but guess they are no longer an option.  We don't have a Restaurant Depot near us but I could check out Cash and Carry.  I liked the idea of the meat being so fresh.
Pages:
Actions