Here's How I.... > Cook Chicken/Turkey/Fowl

I Haven't Spatchcocked a Chicken In Years

<< < (2/5) > >>

Kristin Meredith:
Have you tried it for turkey?

pmillen:

--- Quote from: Kristin Meredith on September 05, 2017, 11:44:10 AM ---Have you tried it for turkey?

--- End quote ---

No.  I cook turkey differently.

Queball:
Paul,
You really need to document this pictorially further. I've read this explanation 10 times and don't get it. I think the idea is really great. Guess I need to go out and buy a chicken. Maybe then the concept will sink in. ..... A picture's worth a thousand words.

pmillen:

--- Quote from: Queball on September 05, 2017, 12:14:30 PM ---Paul,
You really need to document this pictorially further. I've read this explanation 10 times and don't get it. I think the idea is really great. Guess I need to go out and buy a chicken. Maybe then the concept will sink in. ..... A picture's worth a thousand words.

--- End quote ---

:)  I sympathize with you.  That's exactly how I felt until I laid the bird on its back and peered up into the breast cavity.  I had the instructions to cut with sheers right next to me so I gave it a try.  It's simple.  There's not much to it.

Give it a try.  If you somehow fail (doubtful) you can still salvage the bird by disjointing it or falling back to spatchcock.  It'll just be a little beat up.

Queball:
Are you just cutting the bird in half from the outside at the point where internally some of the ribs go to the breast and the others go to the back? Or is the cutting done inside the cavity? Why shears? Wouldn't a sharp knife just cut through the whole thing?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View