Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Queball on 04 Sep 2017
  • Seeing the recent El Pastor post I was thinking. You see a lot gizmos out on the barbecue market. I am surprised no one has come up with a universal rotisserie for pellet grills. A lot of things cook really well on a rotisserie and with pellet units that have open flame exposure it could be handy. I have one on my PG and things like chicken and duck are terrific on it. Really does a great job on the skin. They are common on gas grills. Couldn't a spring tension operated unit, that wouldn't need an electric motor be created. It could probably just sit on the grill grates as a self contained frame and unit, and being gear driven and spring powered, heat wouldn't bother it I would think. Seems like an opportunity for a motivated entrepreneur(Sure miss spell check). At 72, my entre-whatever days are done. But, with the surge in pellet cooking, I'd think there would be a place in the market for it.
    • Queball
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 04 Sep 2017
  • If I recall correctly, Zep built one for his MAK.
  • #3 by Queball on 04 Sep 2017
  • I built one for my PG, but it uses electric. Is Zep's powered mechanically rather than by electric motor?
    • Queball
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 04 Sep 2017
  • It was electric as well.  Photobucket has left his posts with pics on the other forum useless.  Was hoping to look at it again.
  • #5 by Free Mr. Tony on 04 Sep 2017
  • Not that this is directly related to the op, but those that use rotisserie should take a peek at octoforks. They were invented by a local guy here in Fort Wayne. I've kept in touch with him during the process, and we've done a few cooks together with them. They are very versatile, and a nice product.
  • #6 by Queball on 04 Sep 2017
  • What are they FMT?
    • Queball
  • #7 by Free Mr. Tony on 04 Sep 2017
  • What are they FMT?

Octoforks are the name. Google them, and you should get his website or facebook page.
  • #8 by Bentley on 04 Sep 2017
  • Did Old Dave do one for his Daniel Boone on PH?
  • #9 by Bentley on 04 Sep 2017
  • The Octoforks are just a different rotisserie fork to increase capacity of your current rotisserie right?  It is not a complete system?

Edit: No I see at the bottom he does sell complete systems.  Do you know if any fit pellet units?
  • #10 by Quadman750 on 04 Sep 2017
  • Did Old Dave do one for his Daniel Boone on PH?

I believe he did, I think he also had the ribolator installed as well if I remember correctly.
  • #11 by Free Mr. Tony on 04 Sep 2017
  • The Octoforks are just a different rotisserie fork to increase capacity of your current rotisserie right?  It is not a complete system?

Edit: No I see at the bottom he does sell complete systems.  Do you know if any fit pellet units?

His invention was basically as you said a different way to expand a rotisserie systems capacity. The complete sets are basically the motor, rods, etc to fill out with the forks. They are pretty slick if you are really into rotisserie. They take a bit of setup to get everything arranged, but you really can fit more on the spits.

As far as pellet grills go, the only limitation is how much clearance you have in your grill. Expanded they can fit an entire rack of trimmed ribs as long as you can clear it in your grill setup.
  • #12 by Queball on 05 Sep 2017
  • Looks like nice stuff. He even offers a battery powered rotisserie motor. My rotisserie motor and parts are pretty old and it won't be long for the motor. May visit him again to update my equipment. Thanks for the lead! FMT
    • Queball
  • #13 by Kristin Meredith on 05 Sep 2017
  • I see a potential evaluation in the future as I have always wanted one of these.
  • #14 by Queball on 05 Sep 2017
  • Smokey, rotisserie Duck a l'orange on a pg 500 ....... Yummy!
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
    • Queball
  • #15 by Queball on 05 Sep 2017
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]
    • Queball
Pages:
Actions