Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Kristin Meredith on 05 Sep 2017
  • That looks like the perfect way to cook duck.
  • #17 by Queball on 05 Sep 2017
  • Pin prick the skin really well so the grease can escape.
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
    The skin then gets nice and crispy as the duck turns and the finished color is real even also.
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
    and you get to take advantage of open, wood fired flame for heat.
    • Queball
  • #18 by Free Mr. Tony on 05 Sep 2017
  • I see a potential evaluation in the future as I have always wanted one of these.

I'm sure he would be appreciative of any eyeballs he could get. I'm not sure how they are selling, but he had basically no marketing budget in very crowded BBQ gadget market. He is pretty much depending solely on word of mouth, and getting the product in the hands of the popular YouTube/blog  guys.

Just so everyone knows as well, I have nothing on the line. Just happen to be from the same area, and trying to help out an entrepreneur get off the ground.
  • #19 by Kristin Meredith on 05 Sep 2017
  • We are basically entrepreneurs also, so it is always good if we can help each other.
  • #20 by Bentley on 05 Sep 2017
  • I would certainly cook a lot of things on a roto if I had it, have always wanted one.  Just not sure I am capably of installing one, and also figuring out if it will fit?

Certainly don't have the money to buy everything I want to Product Review on this site, don't want to stiff someone and don't want a freebie if I am going to review it...I wonder if he would be willing to trade one at cost for a Product Review?
  • #21 by Queball on 05 Sep 2017
  • All you can do is ask. .... Could bring him some business. Thanks to FMT I'm already interested. My motor is about to blow and his system has counterbalance weights for smooth rotation which would really be nice. I can never center the weight right on the rod.
    • Queball
  • #22 by Free Mr. Tony on 05 Sep 2017
  • I would certainly cook a lot of things on a roto if I had it, have always wanted one.  Just not sure I am capably of installing one, and also figuring out if it will fit?

Certainly don't have the money to buy everything I want to Product Review on this site, don't want to stiff someone and don't want a freebie if I am going to review it...I wonder if he would be willing to trade one at cost for a Product Review?

I can send him a text, but if you don't have your grill setup for it I don't believe you will be able to use it. His kits are basically the universal one-grill kits, but you would still have to have the rotisserie capability on your grill. I have installed them on my cookers, but it's always involved drilling at least one hole.
  • #23 by Bentley on 05 Sep 2017
  • Drilling holes would not bother me...I read universal and thought it would adapt to any pit.  No, I don't have any roto on it, so better not bother him with my request

...if you don't have your grill setup for it I don't believe you will be able to use it. His kits are basically the universal one-grill kits, but you would still have to have the rotisserie capability on your grill. I have installed them on my cookers, but it's always involved drilling at least one hole.
  • #24 by Queball on 05 Sep 2017
  • Bentley
    What cooker do you want to use it on?
    • Queball
  • #25 by Bentley on 05 Sep 2017
  • Since we have the Memphis Pro on the patio, would like it on that, but I would switch to the Daniel Boone if that is what it took.  I have always wanted a unit with a rotisserie, just seems like a great way to cook food, and chicken and roasts, meatloaf and gyro loafs...fugetaboutit!

I would not hesitate to cook a butt or a brisket on a rotisserie...
  • #26 by Bar-B-Lew on 05 Sep 2017
  • Since we have the Memphis Pro on the patio, would like it on that, but I would switch to the Daniel Boone if that is what it took.  I have always wanted a unit with a rotisserie, just seems like a great way to cook food, and chicken and roasts, meatloaf and gyro loafs...fugetaboutit!

I would not hesitate to cook a butt or a brisket on a rotisserie...

Several years ago I rubbed baby backs with herbs de provence and put them on the rotisserie of my weber summit.  They were good.
  • #27 by Queball on 05 Sep 2017
  • Bentley,
    Rotisserie Boston butt
    Inject with peach marinade
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
    Molasses and rub applied-Ready for the pit
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
    • Queball
  • #28 by Queball on 05 Sep 2017
  • 4 hour, 225, low temp smoke
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
    2 hours at 350 degrees wrapped in foil on rotisserie. Pan set below in zone 4 to catch juices. Zone 4
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
    • Queball
  • #29 by Queball on 05 Sep 2017
  • Time to slice it- Got a little smoke ring and it did take on some smoke
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
    Served with a peaches and pepper sauce
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
    • Queball
  • #30 by Queball on 05 Sep 2017
  • Tasty!
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
    • Queball