Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by Free Mr. Tony on 05 Sep 2017
  • Looks delicious Queball.

One of the nice features of the octoforks is not having to tie anything up for the most part. The tines really
    hold things together, and you can do a whole butt. Here is one I did on the rotisserie I rigged up on the whole hog using the octoforks.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #32 by Queball on 05 Sep 2017
  • Sweet Cook! .... Looks like a nice setup also. From end to end, how long is the bar that holds the forks? I really like the counter balance weight. Trying to center the food weight is always a hassle and that should really help. I Need to check the shaft size on my setup. He offers a 5/16 square shaft. My motor is not long for this earth so I'm sure I'll be in touch with him.
    • Queball
  • #33 by Free Mr. Tony on 05 Sep 2017
  • Sweet Cook! .... Looks like a nice setup also. From end to end, how long is the bar that holds the forks? I really like the counter balance weight. Trying to center the food weight is always a hassle and that should really help. I Need to check the shaft size on my setup. He offers a 5/16 square shaft. My motor is not long for this earth so I'm sure I'll be in touch with him.

I think fully closed they are 8.5 inches. Expanded they are 13.5 inches I think. Obviously, your grill clearance dictates whether you can fully expand them for use. When expanded you can do full racks of ribs attached flat with just one side of the forks.

The only thing I found mildly annoying about them when playing around was that the setup can take awhile. There are wings nuts to expand and contract the forks, and sometimes messing with everything with rub covered raw meat hands isn't a super fun task. But rotisserie setup is typically a bit more involved than just tossing something on the rack anyways.
  • #34 by pz on 06 Sep 2017
  • Dang, that's a winner Queball!  :clap:

I must try something like that - the only things I have done with butt so far is pulled pork and sausage.
  • #35 by Queball on 07 Sep 2017
  • With just the 2 of us, things of that size can be overwhelming, especially since my wife eats like a bird. ..... I vacuum bagged a lot of sliced portions with the sauce and fruit pre-frozen in the bag. It kept well and was an easy re-heat.
    • Queball
  • #36 by pz on 07 Sep 2017
  • I guess I'm in the same boat - just me and the wife. The vacuum sealer is my best friend after a cook.
  • #37 by Queball on 07 Sep 2017
  • I take sandwich bags and fill them with a portion size of sauce. I then freeze them. When the sauce is firm, I remove it from the sandwich bag, put the sauce portion in a vac bag with the portioned, sliced meat and vac, seal and freeze the two as a unit.
    • Queball
  • #38 by pmillen on 07 Sep 2017
  • The skin then gets nice and crispy as the duck turns and the finished color is real even also.
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
    and you get to take advantage of open, wood fired flame for heat.

Queball, please write a comprehensive post for the FEC/Cookshack showing us this rotisserie bracket and how you have it set-up.

It looks like something I've been yearning for.

EDIT:  Well, quoting and trying to include only one photo doesn't work.  I'll fix it.

2nd EDIT:  Fixed it.
  • #39 by Queball on 07 Sep 2017
  • I'll work on it.
    • Queball
  • #40 by pz on 07 Sep 2017
  • I take sandwich bags and fill them with a portion size of sauce. I then freeze them. When the sauce is firm, I remove it from the sandwich bag, put the sauce portion in a vac bag with the portioned, sliced meat and vac, seal and freeze the two as a unit.

Excellent idea  :clap:
  • #41 by Bobitis on 07 Sep 2017

Outstanding idea!
Pages:
Actions