Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by dozer996 on 15 Jun 2018
  • I just purchased a Memphis Elite Builtin!!!! Took someone's advice from a previous thread about a grill shop in the Houston area and they "took" care of me versus my local Michigan dealer.

Now I need to sell my Komodo Kamado and get me a builtin BBQ island to slap this into!!!!

Cancelled my deposit on a Shirley Fabrication cabinet smoker for this pellet grill, think I made the right decision. I wanted that authentic stick burner but realized I don't have the time or patience to maintain splits every hour of a low and slow cook.

I have a SRF "Gold" Waygu Brisket going on this cooker once I'm up and running. From what I read, do you think it is wise to place the meat on the middle shelf of a Elite for low and slow around 250°?
  • #2 by Deebo1133 on 15 Jun 2018
  • Congrats and welcome to the forum. I have a pro but I personally cook everything I can on the second rack if going indirect......sometimes even over the flame zone.  Look forward to seeing your results and feedback from the Wagyu Brisket cook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • #3 by Ralphie on 15 Jun 2018
  • Congrats!  Please keep us posted on your experiences and cooks.  Exciting news!
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 15 Jun 2018
  • I cook on 275° on the bottom grate right smack in the middle for briskets with fat side down.
  • #5 by Canadian John on 15 Jun 2018

•  Pro here. I cook the same as Bar- B- Lew, bottom/main rack...  I trust you'll find the pits temperature is quite even throughout... To me, which rack to use is a matter of convince.
  • #6 by Canadian John on 15 Jun 2018

•  Forgot  - "Congratulations". Excellent choice.  ;)
  • #7 by glitchy on 15 Jun 2018
  • Welcome and congrats!
  • #8 by ZCZ on 16 Jun 2018
  • Nice purchase & Welcome to the team with your lean, mean cookin’ machine!

I think Memphis has started selling stainless outdoor cabinets to go with the built-ins.

Z
  • #9 by dozer996 on 17 Jun 2018
  • Thanks everyone....excited to get started with some summer cooks.

Some previous cooks from my KK

• #10 by Bentley on 17 Jun 2018
  • Welcome to the Show!
Pages:
Actions