Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Kristin Meredith on 26 Jun 2018
  • I read an article in the Chicago Tribune about ketchup testing.  They bough a bunch of ketchup's from stores in Chicago, including Trader Joe's and Whole Foods, and had their food and drink writing staff blind taste test and rate.  I can't comment on a lot of these because I have never heard of at least half of them and we don't have a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods to even go and look.  So maybe some are even regional?

There are some ties.  From 12 to 1 they are:

12.  Del Monte
    11.  Hellmann's
    9.  French's
    9.  78 Red All Natural
    7.  Organicville
    7.  Annie's Organic
    6.  Heinz
    4.  Red Gold
    4.  365 Everyday Value Organic
    3.  Hunt's
    2.  Trader Joe's Organic
    1.  Sir Kensington's Classic

Never heard of, nor would I even know where to buy the No. 1 to taste test myself.
  • #2 by riverrat49 on 26 Jun 2018
  • Del Monte #1.... I'd rather have Heinz...

• #3 by GatorDave on 26 Jun 2018
  • My favorite ketchup is a store brand, Publix. Mostly though, I don’t find a huge difference between any of them.
  • #4 by dk117 on 26 Jun 2018
  • Heinz guy here, but I need to mention PORTLAND ORGANIC KETCHUP.   Either they do a really good job marketing me into believing it, or it really does taste fresher, somehow a tad lighter.  Many local restaurants carry it. 

DK
    • dk117
  • #5 by Ralphie on 26 Jun 2018
  • I usually buy Heinz or Hunt's out of convenience although I always prefer the kind that uses regular sugar instead of corn syrup.  Both brands offer both kinds at my grocery stores.  I'll grab the one on sale between the two.

I don't recall ever seeing a few of those on the list.  Even from well known brands like Hellman's or Del Monte.
  • #6 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Jun 2018
  • I'm a Heinz guy.  The Canadian version is made from sugar and not high fructose corn syrup for those wanting sugar instead.  My friend works for Red Gold so I have had their jalapeno and sriracha ketchup which I liked.
  • #7 by Th3Batman86 on 26 Jun 2018
  • Heinz guy here, but I need to mention PORTLAND ORGANIC KETCHUP.   Either they do a really good job marketing me into believing it, or it really does taste fresher, somehow a tad lighter.  Many local restaurants carry it. 

DK

Came in to make sure that Portland Ketchup was listed. I never buy it myself but whenever I get it in a restaurant it is good. Very thick and tasty.
  • #8 by Mikro on 26 Jun 2018
  • What-a-burger Ketchup, Found in HEB grocery stores. Regular or Spicy :) We don't have a HEB here so I get my daughter to bring it to me when she can. LOL!!!
  • #9 by Kristin Meredith on 26 Jun 2018
  • Del Monte #1.... I'd rather have Heinz...

No, Del Monte is No. 12 -- the last on the list is no. 1
  • #10 by Jstocks on 26 Jun 2018
  • I don't know much about smoking, so I came on this forum to learn.
    I didn't realize there were so many ketchup brands.

Heinz all the way for me.
  • #11 by ScottWood on 26 Jun 2018
  • My wife has some issues with high fructose corn syrup which can be a problem with a lot of commercial ketchup brands.

We were buying the already mentioned Portland Ketchup brand at our local Cash and Carry.  It's way to expensive at the retail stores.  We decided to pickup a bottle of the Trader Joe's Organic one day and have never looked back.  IMO it is the best ketchup I can get, and that includes Portland.  It is the only brand we use now.
  • #12 by TheFatTick on 26 Jun 2018
  • There is Whataburger spicy ketchup and then everything else.
  • #13 by ICIdaho on 26 Jun 2018
  • Heinz, then Hunts for me.  The rest I really don't ever see except Del Monte, which I am not a fan of.
  • #14 by Bobitis on 26 Jun 2018
  • I'm not a ketchup fan for the most part. I like it on meat loaf, burgers and dogs, and occasionally with fries.

What else is it good for?
  • #15 by GREG-B on 26 Jun 2018
  • Ketchup in any form or brand is an abomination on man-kind. [ Invalid Attachment ]
Pages:
Actions