Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by BC Buck on 28 Jun 2018
  • Mom and Dad went back home to Florida. Not sure what to smoke for the celebration. Whats your grilling plans?
  • #2 by reubenray on 28 Jun 2018
  • I will be smoking pork butts for my local RV Resort HOA.  Last year I did 27 pounds which was 3 butts.  This year there will be 5 butts, but someone else will be doing some of them.
  • #3 by triplebq on 28 Jun 2018
  • I'm thinking smoked turkey. I do have 2 briskets and 2 shoulders going on the pit Friday night.
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 28 Jun 2018
  • I am out of town working in the Chicago area so no cooking for me.  I will be visiting some museums on July 4th to occupy my time away from the office and keep me out of the hotel room.
  • #5 by GatorDave on 28 Jun 2018
  • Probably my world locally famous, top secret meatloaf.  It's a family/friends/co-workers favorite.
  • #6 by EC on 28 Jun 2018
  • Pulled pork and Brisket on Tuesday night.  Once those finish about 30 chicken thighs an hour before we eat! 
  • #7 by Kristin Meredith on 28 Jun 2018
  • We are just having burgers.  I am more concentrated on the sides.  My 90 year old uncle (the younger uncle!) had all his top teeth removed and is awaiting dentures.  He claims he can crumble a burger patty up and get it down, but I know sides will be a challenge.

I figure beans would be pretty easy to swallow and I am also thinking deviled eggs.  Not sure about other things -- any suggestions?
  • #8 by Ralphie on 28 Jun 2018
  • We are just having burgers.  I am more concentrated on the sides.  My 90 year old uncle (the younger uncle!) had all his top teeth removed and is awaiting dentures.  He claims he can crumble a burger patty up and get it down, but I know sides will be a challenge.

I figure beans would be pretty easy to swallow and I am also thinking deviled eggs.  Not sure about other things -- any suggestions?

Finely chopped egg salad.
    Mashed potatoes.
    Jello with cool whip for dessert.
  • #9 by Greg1 on 28 Jun 2018
  • Brisket points for burnt ends a pork butt for pulled pork
  • #10 by yorkdude on 28 Jun 2018

Maybe whip up some smoked mac and cheese?
  • #11 by Kristin Meredith on 28 Jun 2018
  • Some good suggestions.  I am thinking of a strawberry- pineapple fool for dessert.
  • #12 by BC Buck on 29 Jun 2018
  • Probably my world locally famous, top secret meatloaf.  It's a family/friends/co-workers favorite.
    Dave I do love good meat loaf can you give us your secret recipe?
  • #13 by BC Buck on 29 Jun 2018
  • Having the neighbors over for baby backs and ABTs.  Then watch the fireworks from the deck - San Clemente pier and Dana Point harbor both are visible and put on quite a show.
    Had to google your location. Your on the other side of the world from me. :P Whats ABTs because you had me sold on the baby backs.
  • #14 by GatorDave on 29 Jun 2018
    Dave I do love good meat loaf can you give us your secret recipe?

I have been thinking about posting it here.  Right now only 3 people know it, and they are all family.  I'm thinking that if my grill purchase goes the way I'm hoping, I'm going to be in a really good mood and wind up posting it here.  The next recipe I'm going to post though is my coleslaw recipe.  I just have to make it again and pay attention to the amount of ingredients, since I make it by taste rather than by measurement.
  • #15 by riverrat49 on 29 Jun 2018
  • RR49 Potato-Mac Salad: Quick and Easy with your favorite Deli Made Potato and Macaroni Salad-

2 Cups Macaroni Salad
    2 Cups Potato Salad
    1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (Not Fine Shred)
    1/2 Cup Thawed Frozen Peas
    2 Tbsp Favorite BBQ Rub or Twisted Q Asian Fusion Spice for Asian taste (Walmart)
    1/4 Tsp Chipotle Chili Powder (Or More)

In a Bowl mix together Mac Salad, Peas, Rub, and Chipotle Powder, refrigerate 1 hour min.
    Taste Mac Mixture and add additional rub and/or Chipotle Powder to taste.
    Mix in Potato Salad and Cheese return to fridge...And Done

We are just having burgers.  I am more concentrated on the sides.  My 90 year old uncle (the younger uncle!) had all his top teeth removed and is awaiting dentures.  He claims he can crumble a burger patty up and get it down, but I know sides will be a challenge.

Pages:
Actions