Recipe Section > Sides

Salt Potatoes

<< < (2/2)

hughver:
Being from Louisiana, I'm not much of a potato guy but my NW better half would eat them three times a day. I'll give these a try. I'm not familiar with the term "new potatoes", are you referring to the small red skinned variety?

GatorDave:

--- Quote from: hughver on June 29, 2018, 10:40:01 AM ---Being from Louisiana, I'm not much of a potato guy but my NW better half would eat them three times a day. I'll give these a try. I'm not familiar with the term "new potatoes", are you referring to the small red skinned variety?

--- End quote ---

They are just the really small potatoes.  Usually about 1" to 1-1/2" in diameter.  They typically come in a small bag in the produce department.

bregent:

--- Quote from: hughver on June 29, 2018, 10:40:01 AM ---Being from Louisiana, I'm not much of a potato guy but my NW better half would eat them three times a day. I'll give these a try. I'm not familiar with the term "new potatoes", are you referring to the small red skinned variety?

--- End quote ---

My understanding is that new potatoes can be of any variety, but they are young and not cured. Curing thickens the skin and helps potatoes last longer in storage. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View