Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another sign pellet grills have become mainstream  (Read 1173 times)

LowSlowJoe

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Smoking out of southeastern Michigan
Another sign pellet grills have become mainstream
« on: June 29, 2018, 06:44:09 PM »

First Kingsford selling wood pellets,  now a Kenmore pellet grill
Fast Eddy PG500, Traeger Texas, Traeger Junior, Traeger PTG, GMG Davy Crockett

grilltreats

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
Re: Another sign pellet grills have become mainstream
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 09:06:18 PM »

Having cooked on my new pellet grill for just 29 days now I can see why.  I have been cooking on my ceramic charcoal grill for many years and really bought the pellet grill blindly not having any prior experience at all with one.  The pellet grill has been a huge hit and I am really sold on it.  We really like the food that comes off of it much better and I like the ease of cooking with it a lot.  I am currently rebuilding my charcoal grill and will keep it around as another tool in my cooking arsenal, but it won't be my main go to anymore that I know for sure.
Kamado Joe 18" with CyberQ Wi-Fi controller
REC TEC RT-700 with front shelf and sear kit since 6/1/18
Bullseye since 4/6/19

GatorDave

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 07:20:15 PM »

I wonder who makes them.  I read that it has a Traeger controller but that may not mean anything. 

It's things like this that makes me firmly believe that Pellet Fan has a rosy future with lots of new members.  Sears is not going to have a Pellet Grill forum.   :bbq:

The same people that manufacture the grilla silverbac make the kenmore.  They also make the zgrills.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 07:23:03 PM by GatorDave »

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 07:22:04 PM »

It seems like the knockoffs are just flowing out of China...
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

GatorDave

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 07:23:49 PM »

It seems like the knockoffs are just flowing out of China...

That is definitely the bad part about sending your manufacturing over there.  They just copy it then undercut you.

cajunrph

• Lurker
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 03:56:17 AM »

I wonder who makes them.  I read that it has a Traeger controller but that may not mean anything. 

It's things like this that makes me firmly believe that Pellet Fan has a rosy future with lots of new members.  Sears is not going to have a Pellet Grill forum.   :bbq:

The same people that manufacture the grilla silverbac make the kenmore.  They also make the zgrills.

Not true about Grilla Silverbac. Mark at Grilla Grills rebuked that claim on the Facebook group page recently regrading zgrills.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 11:42:25 AM by cajunrph »

GatorDave

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2018, 05:38:47 PM »

Not true about Grilla Silverbac. Mark at Grilla Grills rebuked that claim on the Facebook group page recently regrading zgrills.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

I talked to someone at Grilla to make them aware of them, just in case they weren't, and they seemed to believe that they were made by the same manufacturer.  It definitely wasn't Mark though, and I would probably trust his knowledge of the situation more.  It is just hard to get past how exact the zgrills is to the Silverbac.

LowSlowJoe

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2018, 06:12:07 AM »

There apparently used to be a Traeger grill that I'm told was virtually identical to the Silverbac,  before the Silverbac.  I was skeptical about this at first,  but eventually the guy who claimed this initially provided a photo of the grill...

Bottom line, I'm not sure Silverbac was ever unique in the world of Chinese made pellet grills. 

LowSlowJoe

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2018, 07:02:34 AM »

Here's a photo of a Traeger Century... as I understand it these were sold prior to the release of the Silverbac... about the same time as the Silverbac came out, there was a grill with the name YOYO...   and right now on Alibba you can buy a Selowo grill that looks identical.

Of course at some level they're all clones of the original Traeger grills,  so debating who clones who will eventually lead back to Traeger's original patent

Pages: [1]   Go Up