Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1st Post!  (Read 1276 times)

Skeeter Bite

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
1st Post!
« on: June 30, 2018, 04:37:57 AM »

Thanks guys for letting me join! I have been aware my gas grill has been on its last breath for a while so been lurking around here as a guest learning about pellet grills. Well my old chest smoker just bit the dust too, so that spurred me on to order a Stampede Thursday afternoon. Really happy to of found a single unit to both grill and smoke on, thanks to you all. Rec Tec order form said mid July shipping which i was ok with however within an hour of placing my order I got an email saying my order was awaiting pick up!!! Never got a tracking number Friday and am getting excited maybe it will be here sooner! How long is typical shipping on these since they go LTL truck?

To keep me busy till it arrives I am taking my old chest smoker and gutting and cleaning it up to attempt a cold smoker build. Man, smelling the years of smoke build up in this thing just keeps making me hungry and more impatient to get the new Stampede!

Anyway thanks for all the good info here and looking forward to becoming a rec tec owner!

Ralphie

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
Re: 1st Post!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 09:02:45 AM »

Welcome!  I love my Stampede. I think it took about a week to be delivered from the time I saw the “awaiting pickup” notice. But my shipping was only Georgia to North Carolina. . 
Rec Tec Stampede RT-590  40 going on 13

SparkyLB

• Using less gas.
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 09:07:35 AM »

Congrats on the beautiful choice.  I was going to get the Stampede myself, but chose a different pellet unit.  I think you're going to be very happy with that smoker/grill. 

I can't answer your question about the time frame of LTL shipping.  I'm awaiting the same fate myself.  Coincidentally enough, mine is LTL too, heck--I had to ask the forum what that meant! 

I hear ya on the disassembly/sniff experience.  I'm smoking some chicken wings today on my "old" Visions grill.  It's like the Big Green Egg, just about half price and better, IMO. 

Welcome to the forum!  Keep us posted on any detail (unboxing, video, seasoning, first cook, etc.) of your recent purchase. 

Call me a fanboy, but I think pellet smokers are the holy grail.  Yeah, I'm biased, but when I see videos of Aaron Franklin telling his audience to "sit tight" for 16 hours and crack a beer; it's a bit unrealistic. 

The whole "set it and don't worry about it" premise of pellet smokers REALLY turns me on. 
Right on to the friction of the day

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 10:30:32 AM »

Excellent first post Skeeter Bite, from the Show ME State... Enjoy that new pit!  ;)

grilltreats

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 11:05:11 AM »

Welcome aboard!  You're gonna love the Stampede and its controller.  I have the similar Bull with the same controller and it is awesome!

It's funny, I have been cleaning up my old charcoal grill after many years of neglect, burning off the grates and scraping off the insides.  I guess I am trying to get as clean as my new Bull.  Don't know when I will actually use it again because I like the Bull so much better.
Kamado Joe 18" with CyberQ Wi-Fi controller
REC TEC RT-700 with front shelf and sear kit since 6/1/18
Bullseye since 4/6/19

Bobitis

• Contrary to popular belief, bacon is a vegetable
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 11:25:05 AM »

Welcome Skeeter. LTL is goofy. I can get UPS from central CA in 2 days (I'm in Seattle). Some carriers take a week.
Same thing from back east. UPS is a week, and FedEx is 10 days.

I'm sure yer gonna love the Stampede.  :pig:
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

triplebq

• If you are looking you ain't cooking
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2018, 01:49:02 PM »

Welcome to the group.
Orion Smoker Blaz'n Grid Iron Cookshack FEC-120 Cookshack Charbroiler CB036

okie smokie

• Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2018, 06:15:38 PM »

Congrats on your purchase.  I am anxious to see and hear all about your experience with the Stampede.

cookingjnj

• Branchburg, New Jersey
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2018, 03:32:52 AM »

Welcome Skeeter. You are gonna love the food coming off your Stampede. So much h fun, and really great people on this site.

LowSlowJoe

• Smoking out of southeastern Michigan
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2018, 12:09:13 PM »

Mine went from awaiting shipping to 'shipped' in less then 24 hours.  It took like two days to get from Georgia to Detroit.  When I called UPS to ask when it would be delivered and/or setup a time, they said.. Oh, we don't deliver in your area until Thursday ( this was on a Monday, it was already at the 'destination terminal' ).  I arranged to go pick the grill up that night.  So, for me, it was like 3 days, because I picked it up from UPS myself... it would have been a full week if I'd waited for them to bring it to me.
Fast Eddy PG500, Traeger Texas, Traeger Junior, Traeger PTG, GMG Davy Crockett

grilltreats

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2018, 12:39:12 PM »

It's gonna be hard for me to call you SlowJoe lol.
Kamado Joe 18" with CyberQ Wi-Fi controller
REC TEC RT-700 with front shelf and sear kit since 6/1/18
Bullseye since 4/6/19

Skeeter Bite

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2018, 01:15:12 AM »

Got shipping info and supposed to be delivered next Tuesday. Hopefully will get a call Monday with a delivery time window? Going to be a long wait I bet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up