Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A different Perspective  (Read 453 times)

urnmor

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
A different Perspective
« on: June 30, 2018, 09:18:06 AM »

A different take on the shooting at the Baltimore Gazzete.
This was written by Son. It has stuck in my head since I read it. Probably because it hit home. How may times have we passed a co worker whether it be the cleaning team, the mail clerk or another individual in our work place and just moved on with out even a hello or thank you. My deep thanks to my Son for writing such a poignant article.

Yesterday was a shock. I really hadn’t comprehended everything and all I could really say was John’s presence will be missed.
Today I’ve had time to reflect on everything. I was fortunate to spend the day with my brother and nephew, relationships that are deeply personal to me. We cherish them and we never take those familial relationships for granted. Where am I going with this you ask. I only knew John in passing through working with the Baysox. We would say hi. We would say how’s everyone going, you know in that form of questioning that doesn’t really provide an answer. But we knew things were good. And I knew John loved being at Prince George’s Stadium covering baseball. Today though I wished I had gotten to know him better than I did. I took this professional relationship for granted thinking he would be there the next home stand. Well unfortunately he will never make that next home stand.
So please remember to not take those smaller relationships that you’ve cultivated for granted. You might not get that chance to grow it more as I learned yesterday. They’re important and rewarding.
I’ll end this post with what I said yesterday but add something extra, John your presence in the Baysox Press Box will be missed. But I do look forward to that one day where we really get to have that deep conversation.

Canadian John

• HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
Re: A different Perspective
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 11:03:54 AM »

So true.... We take so much for granted..A very well written article..

triplebq

• If you are looking you ain't cooking
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 04:57:25 PM »

Very true
Orion Smoker Blaz'n Grid Iron Cookshack FEC-120 Cookshack Charbroiler CB036

Trooper

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Grand Haven, MI
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 07:54:04 PM »

So please remember to not take those smaller relationships that you’ve cultivated for granted. You might not get that chance to grow it more as I learned yesterday. They’re important and rewarding.

Amen and Amen
A great lesson for all of us to reflect on.
Through many dangers, toils, and snares,I have already come;
-Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,
   and grace will lead me home.

jdmessner

• Evart, MI
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 11:38:15 PM »

I have read your post more than a few times and it touches a nerve each time. It is easy to say we are not promised tomorrow, but it is difficult when reality strikes close to home. My thoughts and prayers are with all the families of those who died, thier friends, and also their aquaintences.
"If it is not food ~ It's FUN!" - Happy Kyne proprietor of the Bun and Run, Fernwood Ohio
Pages: [1]   Go Up