Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by okie smokie on 30 Jun 2018
  •  Been up to near 100 for the past week or so.  Kills my desire to fire up the pit to either grill or go low slow.  Heat has forced us old folks to stay inside much of the day.  Had lots of rain the week before so things are still green, but the humidity is higher than expected.  Typical Oklahoma summer you might say. Deadly for day laborers, roofers, and those who toil outside for a living.

Oh! I forgot to say that I played golf, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  Wouldn't let a little heat  :puke: keep me off the links.  Fun.  Only the cowards stayed home.  All of us around 80 y/o.  Just had the ambulance and Gatorade cart follow our carts around the course.   :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
  • #2 by triplebq on 30 Jun 2018
  • Yea temps in the 90s where I live. But I put my tent up and will be firing up the smoker tomorrow.
  • #3 by Kristin Meredith on 30 Jun 2018
  • There were four pals who regularly played golf.  One day, three came into the club house looking a bit frazzled.  Someone asked what happened and they said "Everything was going well and then, on the ninth hole, Frank had a heart attack and keeled over dead."

Everyone was very shocked and stunned and then one of the folks in the clubhouse said "That must have been very painful and traumatic."

"You bet" they exclaimed. "From then on, it was hit the ball, drag Frank, hit the ball, drag Frank.....
  • #4 by Ssteppe on 30 Jun 2018
  • I'm the opposite - it's too hot to use the oven in the kitchen, so ideal time to use the pellet grill - set it and forget it.  ;D
  • #5 by triplebq on 30 Jun 2018
  •  :pig:
  • #6 by urnmor on 30 Jun 2018
  • I agree sometimes it seems to hot to cook on the other hand it beats eating out.  So I fire up the grill and cook away.  Unless I am baking which I was all day today I try and stay away from using the stove. Yes I am a senior
  • #7 by Darwin on 30 Jun 2018
  • I'm the opposite - it's too hot to use the oven in the kitchen, so ideal time to use the pellet grill - set it and forget it.  ;D
    Yep, what he said! 
    Our summer heat is the main reason I got the wifi DB & DC.  Much nice to cook from the living room.     :clap: 
  • #8 by Canadian John on 30 Jun 2018

•  So hot here, I just fire up the pit to warm, place  the food in it, turn it off and it's done as usual. Oh yea, it's in the sun as well...Can you believe that? And it's Canada to boot.
  • #9 by Conumdrum on 30 Jun 2018
  • Always to hot to cook in Vegas.  I just deal with it and keep the cooking device in the shade. If I can.

Burgers today, 105 F 7% humidity.  In the shade thank goodness.
  • #10 by okie smokie on 30 Jun 2018
  • I grew up in Missouri so I understand how God awful hot it feels.  Fortunately, Florida summers are kinder to us old codgers but I won't go on the water in the afternoon.  AM fishing only.
    Same for golf, AM only. Lunch with cold beer, shower, nap.  What's not to like?
  • #11 by Trooper on 30 Jun 2018
  • There were four pals who regularly played golf.  One day, three came into the club house looking a bit frazzled.  Someone asked what happened and they said "Everything was going well and then, on the ninth hole, Frank had a heart attack and keeled over dead."

Everyone was very shocked and stunned and then one of the folks in the clubhouse said "That must have been very painful and traumatic."

"You bet" they exclaimed. "From then on, it was hit the ball, drag Frank, hit the ball, drag Frank.....

Dear Abby,

I've never written to you before, but I really need your advice. I have suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me. The usual signs. Phone rings but if I answer, the caller hangs up. My wife has been going out with "the girls" a lot recently although when I ask their names she always says, "Just some friends from work, you don't know them."

I always try to stay awake to look out for her coming home, but I usually fall asleep. Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my wife.

I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth, but last night she went out again and I decided to really check on her. Around midnight, I decided to hide in the garage behind my golf clubs so I could get a good view of the whole street when she arrived home from a night out with "the girls".

It was at that moment, crouching behind my clubs, that I noticed that the graphite shaft on my driver appeared to have a hairline crack right by the club head.

Is this something I can fix myself or should I take it back to the pro shop where I bought it?

Signed,
    Perplexed
  • #12 by ylr on 30 Jun 2018
  • To me, this is bologna and tuna fish weather; I don't care for hot foods, whether they've been cooked inside, or outside. I work around molten aluminum for a living, so this week has been kinda rough.
  • #13 by okie smokie on 30 Jun 2018
  • To me, this is bologna and tuna fish weather; I don't care for hot foods, whether they've been cooked inside, or outside. I work around molten aluminum for a living, so this week has been kinda rough.

Bologna and tuna fish together?  Sounds interesting.   :2cents:
  • #14 by ylr on 30 Jun 2018

Bologna and tuna fish together?  Sounds interesting.   :2cents:

Ah, no. :puke: Today was tuna, tomorrow afternoon, probably bologna..... ;D
  • #15 by Bentley on 30 Jun 2018
  • Regarding the title, yes!
Pages:
Actions