Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Too Hot to Cook?  (Read 1447 times)

okie smokie

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
Re: Too Hot to Cook?
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2018, 09:59:24 PM »

There were four pals who regularly played golf.  One day, three came into the club house looking a bit frazzled.  Someone asked what happened and they said "Everything was going well and then, on the ninth hole, Frank had a heart attack and keeled over dead."

Everyone was very shocked and stunned and then one of the folks in the clubhouse said "That must have been very painful and traumatic."

"You bet" they exclaimed. "From then on, it was hit the ball, drag Frank, hit the ball, drag Frank.....

Dear Abby,

I've never written to you before, but I really need your advice. I have suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me. The usual signs. Phone rings but if I answer, the caller hangs up. My wife has been going out with "the girls" a lot recently although when I ask their names she always says, "Just some friends from work, you don't know them."

I always try to stay awake to look out for her coming home, but I usually fall asleep. Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my wife.

I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth, but last night she went out again and I decided to really check on her. Around midnight, I decided to hide in the garage behind my golf clubs so I could get a good view of the whole street when she arrived home from a night out with "the girls".

It was at that moment, crouching behind my clubs, that I noticed that the graphite shaft on my driver appeared to have a hairline crack right by the club head.

Is this something I can fix myself or should I take it back to the pro shop where I bought it?

Signed,
Perplexed
Dear Perplexed,
You will definitely need a new shaft for your driver. Thank goodness you found that out before you used it again.  Someone might have gotten hurt. You should thank your wife for making this possible.  And don't bring up your suspicions about her, or you may not be able to afford to golf again soon. It's all about first prioities.

okie smokie

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2018, 10:05:17 PM »

To me, this is bologna and tuna fish weather; I don't care for hot foods, whether they've been cooked inside, or outside. I work around molten aluminum for a living, so this week has been kinda rough.

Bologna and tuna fish together?  Sounds interesting.   :2cents:

Ah, no. :puke: Today was tuna, tomorrow afternoon, probably bologna..... ;D
:lick:

jdmessner

• Evart, MI
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2018, 11:12:34 PM »

[/quote]
Dear Abby,

I've never written to you before, but I really need your advice. I have suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me. The usual signs. Phone rings but if I answer, the caller hangs up. My wife has been going out with "the girls" a lot recently although when I ask their names she always says, "Just some friends from work, you don't know them."

I always try to stay awake to look out for her coming home, but I usually fall asleep. Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my wife.

I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth, but last night she went out again and I decided to really check on her. Around midnight, I decided to hide in the garage behind my golf clubs so I could get a good view of the whole street when she arrived home from a night out with "the girls".

It was at that moment, crouching behind my clubs, that I noticed that the graphite shaft on my driver appeared to have a hairline crack right by the club head.

Is this something I can fix myself or should I take it back to the pro shop where I bought it?

Signed,
Perplexed
[/quote]
Dear Perplexed,
You will definitely need a new shaft for your driver. Thank goodness you found that out before you used it again.  Someone might have gotten hurt. You should thank your wife for making this possible.  And don't bring up your suspicions about her, or you may not be able to afford to golf again soon. It's all about first prioities.
[/quote]

Reminds me of an old John Prine song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ccC4aULow
"If it is not food ~ It's FUN!" - Happy Kyne proprietor of the Bun and Run, Fernwood Ohio

LowSlowJoe

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Smoking out of southeastern Michigan
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2018, 11:00:54 AM »

Too hot too cook on a pellet grill?

Never, as long as there is shade.

I did singe the hair on my hand though,  Fast Eddy gets really hot.
Fast Eddy PG500, Traeger Texas, Traeger Junior, Traeger PTG, GMG Davy Crockett

okie smokie

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2018, 03:14:39 PM »

Too hot too cook on a pellet grill?

Never, as long as there is shade.

I did singe the hair on my hand though,  Fast Eddy gets really hot.
Ah the smell of fresh hair burning. 

Chris__M

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
    • Food Adventure
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2018, 05:49:52 PM »

For me not so much to hot to cook, as too hot to contemplate eating hot food of any kind.

I've been living off cold meat, cheese and salad for the last week, with the occasional option of bread.
Chris LG FS Legacy 1200, GMG Davy Crockett, OnlyFire Tabletop Pellet Grill, Weber Smokey Joe, ProQ Cold Smoking Cabinet

okie smokie

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2018, 06:03:45 PM »

For me not so much to hot to cook, as too hot to contemplate eating hot food of any kind.

I've been living off cold meat, cheese and salad for the last week, with the occasional option of bread.
Lunch today:  can of sardines in olive oil (drained), Trisket crackers, ice tea.   Cat is following  me all over the house.   :rotf:
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 06:11:23 PM by okie smokie »

grilltreats

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2018, 07:15:09 PM »

Lunch today:  can of sardines in olive oil (drained), Trisket crackers, ice tea.   Cat is following  me all over the house.   :rotf:

I try to do a couple of cans of those per week for lunch myself with some crackers and hot sauce.  I really like them.
Kamado Joe 18" with CyberQ Wi-Fi controller
REC TEC RT-700 with front shelf and sear kit since 6/1/18
Bullseye since 4/6/19

okie smokie

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2018, 07:38:19 PM »

I try to do a couple of cans of those per week for lunch myself with some crackers and hot sauce.  I really like them.

No hot sauce for me. 

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2018, 11:04:17 PM »

You guys eat that stuff willingly...wow, that is hard to take in!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

okie smokie

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2018, 08:45:43 AM »

Have you tried Kipper Snacks?
Yum.

grilltreats

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2018, 01:04:53 PM »

Yum.

Yes I have and like them even more.
Bullseye since 4/6/19

grilltreats

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2018, 01:10:50 PM »

Sardines are very healthy to eat.  They also don't live long enough to soak in any Mercury and such like other fish do.  It may be an acquired taste, but I have eaten them all of my life and can get ill/mad if there's none in my pantry.  I really like them.
Bullseye since 4/6/19

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2018, 03:36:20 PM »

No I have not.

Yum.
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

okie smokie

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2018, 08:38:56 PM »

we have to develop a taste for Sardines and Scotch.  Sometimes I skip the Sardines.  :D
You could use the Scotch as a dip for them.  Worth a try.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up