Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by BC Buck on 30 Jun 2018
  • With everyone in the family using my CC SG, we where having trouble keeping track what was in the hopper. Tried several different ideas but this seems to be the most convenient.
  • #2 by Ssteppe on 30 Jun 2018
  • Magnets?
    Good idea.

I just keep a text file of last cook and pellets used, but then I'm the only one who uses the grill.
  • #3 by triplebq on 30 Jun 2018
  • I'm more impressed that you have everyone in your family using the cooker! Nice
  • #4 by Canadian John on 30 Jun 2018

•  I used to list the pellet wood species in large letters on a blank business card placed in a clear  card holder. This was held onto the bottom side of the hopper lid with a rare earth magnet (very strong)...As I

and many others can't differentiate the  smoke tastes of the pellets, I don't  do it anymore. I have been using a mixed blend exclusively for a few years now... Just be careful about what goes in the hopper..You

wouldn't want it getting into the auger causing problems... Traerer used to have fridge type magnets that should well. Or for that matter, modified fridge magnets..Smoke-on.
  • #5 by BC Buck on 30 Jun 2018

•  I used to list the pellet wood species in large letters on a blank business card placed in a clear  card holder. This was held onto the bottom side of the hopper lid with a rare earth magnet (very strong)...As I

and many others can't differentiate the  smoke tastes of the pellets, I don't  do it anymore. I have been using a mixed blend exclusively for a few years now... Just be careful about what goes in the hopper..You

wouldn't want it getting into the auger causing problems... Traerer used to have fridge type magnets that should well. Or for that matter, modified fridge magnets..Smoke-on.

I had my first labels fall and jam the auger. Thats why I went with 3" magnets that cant fall through finger saver.
  • #6 by Trooper on 30 Jun 2018

• I'm more impressed that you have everyone in your family using the cooker! Nice

The simple rule around here is this.
    No one else touches the MAK, Memphis or Weber Charcoal.
    Wife can fire up the BHG gasser
  • #7 by LowSlowJoe on 02 Jul 2018
  • Only pellets I know for sure are Mesquite, cause I can smell them and know...

I'm too... disorganized to even document it for myself.  The only way I know for sure other then Mesquite... is if I empty the ones that are in there and fill it from a new bag.

Fortunately, 90% of the time, I don't care what's in there, most of it tastes the same anyway.
  • #8 by mowin on 05 Jul 2018
  • Lumberjack 100% hickory is all I use.  I've tried many other flavors and brands, and I like lumberjack's hickory the best so I don't bother to change 'em out any longer. 
Pages:
Actions