Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My new grill is trying to kill me!  (Read 546 times)

Skeeter Bite

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
My new grill is trying to kill me!
« on: July 01, 2018, 12:15:11 AM »

And I have not even received it yet!

Ordered a Rec Tec stampede and should ship this next week sometime. I have a house in the middle of 5 acres with lots of trees, the long driveway winds through some of them. Rec Tec delivers the grills via LTL truck lines which are a bit taller than my truck or UPS’s trucks. I have been kind of lax on my limb trimming this year since we went from winter to summer with only one day of spring if I remember right. Wife and I decided we better get to it today so in 95 degree temp with a heat index of 103 why not!! Got it done but after only 3 hours we were shot!! We both are used to hard outside work keeping this place up and try really hard to get the trees and brush cut in the winter, but this just couldn’t wait due to the new grill coming in! Priorities priorities right?

Well after a cool shower, lots of water and gatoraid, a small dinner we are good to go,however going to wait for a break in the weather to try more of that, plus I have a burn pile the size of my house now and NO WAY am I burning that anytime soon.

Now just sit back and wait for the grill to show up and do some WiFi cooking from the comfort of the A/C!

In the mean time thanks to you all for all the good info I have found here and look forward to putting in my two bits once in a while.

grilltreats

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
Re: My new grill is trying to kill me!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 12:25:37 AM »

That's funny Skeet!  Soon you will be able to stay indoors and light the grill remotely and watch it heat up with a beverage of your choice and it will be worth it all.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 12:29:44 AM by grilltreats »
Kamado Joe 18" with CyberQ Wi-Fi controller
REC TEC RT-700 with front shelf and sear kit since 6/1/18
Bullseye since 4/6/19

Skeeter Bite

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 12:30:18 AM »

That thought kept me going today!

grilltreats

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 12:47:55 AM »

Just make sure the cover is off, lol.  I have fired up the grill many times from indoors and waited for it to reach temp before going out and putting on the meat just because I can.  You can also turn it off this way too or adjust the auger feed rate or the probes and pit alarms along with the adjusting the set point.  Much different than my charcoal grill that's for sure.  Just monitor the temp or set the alarms to notify you incase of some sort of snafu.  I have not had any issues so far.  I like running up to the store while watching the cook using the data network instead of the Wi-Fi.  It works on both.
Kamado Joe 18" with CyberQ Wi-Fi controller
REC TEC RT-700 with front shelf and sear kit since 6/1/18
Bullseye since 4/6/19

okie smokie

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 10:17:26 AM »

Just make sure the cover is off, lol.  I have fired up the grill many times from indoors and waited for it to reach temp before going out and putting on the meat just because I can.  You can also turn it off this way too or adjust the auger feed rate or the probes and pit alarms along with the adjusting the set point.  Much different than my charcoal grill that's for sure.  Just monitor the temp or set the alarms to notify you incase of some sort of snafu.  I have not had any issues so far.  I like running up to the store while watching the cook using the data network instead of the Wi-Fi.  It works on both.
Watch out! You guys remind me of what happened to the earthlings on the space ship in the movie Wall-E.  Too much automation is bad for your well being!   :bbq:
Pages: [1]   Go Up