Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by keithj69 on 01 Jul 2018
  • If by chance anyone here uses homeseer for home automation purposes, there is now a plugin that works with Fireboard. 
    So far my events are pretty straight forward. 
    I have 2 probes on the bottom grates that are for chamber temps (gridiron with comp shelves).  Each grate probe has a high temp and low temp event.  Say i have High heat alert set for 250 degrees.  I get an audible alert that says "High temperature warning chamber left is 255 degrees". Then lights that I have chosen flash.  And any other type thing that can be triggered.
    For the food probes it is pretty much the same.  I set the temp i want to check the meat and I get the alert i set up.
    Set up an event that will read off each probe name and the temp associated.  "chamber left is 234 degrees, pork butt left is 110 degrees, etc" 
    You can also trigger based on battery level.

Just thought I'd let everyone know that it is out there.
  • #2 by ArborAgent on 04 Jul 2018
  • Another HoneSeer user!!

Talk about your setup! I’m all in with Lutron Caseta switches, Lutron shades, and zwave motion sensors.

I’m going to get the FireBoard plugin ASAP!
  • #3 by Fire708 on 04 Jul 2018
  • Not a homeseer user but looking at upgrading my system. I have an old Vera that’s long I the tooth.
    Questions for you two:
    Are the Caseta switches zwave? I’ve been trying to figure this one out. I have about 30 zwave devices and some are home brew so I don’t want to give up zwave. But I like the Caseta looks.

Can homeseer work as a bridge for HomeKit? Something I really want to add to my system and it would put homeseer way ahead of the rest as I’m not a fan of cloud based logic or control.
  • #4 by ArborAgent on 04 Jul 2018
  • Caseta are not zwave. They’re ClearConnect, a Lutron proprietary protocol. It works really well. Really needs the Pro bridge to work with HomeSeer
  • #5 by keithj69 on 06 Jul 2018
  • Fire708- there are options for homekit according to the forums over there.  One thing you may want to keep in mind is the price of Homeseer.  It is rather pricey.  The first of 2 sales just ended in may.  I would suggest waiting for the black friday sale. It gives you time to save.  Factor in the plugins you will need also. 

ArborAgent-  I am in a small 2 bd house so my setup is kinda small as compared to others.  I run HS3 on windows, use philips hue, harmony hubs, A vera plus for the zigbee radio (new plugin written by the same guy that did the Fireboard) and also use the vera plus to middleman my voice recognition stuff using voxcommando.
    I do all the typical monitoring of doors/windows/lights/motion/power/environmental things. 
    If I had to pick my favorite thing about my system is my coming home routines. one for store and one for work.  When the door is opened a random greeting is said, given the temps of set spots, ac set, lights turn on , sensors activated, tv turned on to kodi and music partymode is started so I have music playing until i am ready to sit down and watch tv. 
    The fireboard implementation for me is all about overnight cooks.  If you are interested, https://  forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=196465
    I have my events in there that you can look at and contemplate.  The hard part is setting it up the first time.  But afterwards, the only thing you need to change is the set points for the temp you want to be alerted on.
  • #6 by keithj69 on 09 Jul 2018
  • As an FYI, the dev is looking into getting tappeque into HS also.  he ran into an issue with the api and has reached out to them.
Pages:
Actions