Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Queball on 05 Sep 2017
  • Traditional Polish pieogies have potato and fine chopped onion in them or sauerquart(We need spell check on the site) and fine chopped mushroom. Fruit filled with cherries and cinnamon and beef (like pot roast) ground with onion is also terrific! ... As a small child I was Mom's "Grinder Man"!
    • Queball
  • #17 by Bentley on 05 Sep 2017
  • I thought there was potato associated with it some how!

If the site did not have spell check, you would not be able to read most of my posts!
  • #18 by Bar-B-Lew on 05 Sep 2017
  • I thought there was potato associated with it some how!

If the site did not have spell check, you would not be able to read most of my posts!

This is what you find in most grocery stores.   http://www.mrstspierogies.com/

Depending on what region of the country you live in, you can get them made by locals that are much better.  A lot of times, churches have big cooks and they sell them to raise money for events.  Jalapeno & cheddar are my favorite followed by potato & onion and potato & cheese.
  • #19 by Queball on 05 Sep 2017
  • Yep! I missed the potato/cheese one. That's probably the core traditional pierogie .... with farmer's cheese in it.
    • Queball
  • #20 by Bentley on 05 Sep 2017
  • So are they ever sauced like a ravioli?
  • #21 by Bar-B-Lew on 05 Sep 2017
  • So are they ever sauced like a ravioli?

I've seen that called Italian style.  I like them with grilled onions sauteed in butter.
  • #22 by Queball on 05 Sep 2017
  • As Bar-B-Lew said, grilled onions with melted butter or sour cream with S&P. In our family, some like it one way and the others the other. I'm a sour cream guy myself. Pierogies are larger than ravioli also.
    • Queball
  • #23 by Quadman750 on 05 Sep 2017
  • Yup dough stuffed with potato, potato & onion, potato & cheddar cheese,  sauerkraut, potato & bacon, they even have some stuffed with blueberries or apple pie.
  • #24 by Bobitis on 05 Sep 2017
  • I would have to say bread. Although tongue is pretty tasty.

I chose bread because it has it's place in most every meal. My guess is it's the most ignored cook on a pellet smoker.
  • #25 by Phrett on 06 Sep 2017
  • Pie, citrus stuffed turkey, bacon wrapped ANYTHING
  • #26 by ZCZ on 06 Sep 2017
  • Bread

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #27 by Queball on 07 Sep 2017
  • Wow! ..... Does that look good. Slather some butter on a slice, a meal for a king. .... Count me in!
    • Queball
  • #28 by Quadman750 on 07 Sep 2017
  • Pie
  • #29 by ScottE on 08 Sep 2017
  • Fish sticks! I admit the Gorton Fisherman has been inside my pellet grill a few times...
  • #30 by zephyr on 08 Sep 2017
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]       ......................................   ZEP

[ Invalid Attachment ]
Pages:
Actions