Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by Queball on 08 Sep 2017
  • Looks tasty! .... Some cool "Cue Toys" there too!
    • Queball
  • #32 by Quadman750 on 08 Sep 2017
  • Delish, I could eat ABT's every day
  • #33 by riverrat49 on 08 Sep 2017
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]  

Not so Non-Standard in the Pacific Northwest  :pig:
  • #34 by Bobitis on 08 Sep 2017
  • [ Invalid Attachment ]  

You can take the snow crab and toss it. The Dungeness? What did ya do with all that heavenly liquor from the body cavity?  :o
  • #35 by riverrat49 on 09 Sep 2017
  • Sorry but everything on there is Dungeness and King... Snow Crab is bait...

[ Invalid Attachment ]  

You can take the snow crab and toss it. The Dungeness? What did ya do with all that heavenly liquor from the body cavity?  :o
  • #36 by Queball on 09 Sep 2017
  • Wow! .... That'll get your attention. ..... Do you dip the crab meat in clarified butter like we do with lobster out here on the east coast. What is that typically served with.
    • Queball
  • #37 by riverrat49 on 09 Sep 2017
  • The Fam does as for me not so much I prefer it straight up  :beer:

Wow! .... That'll get your attention. ..... Do you dip the crab meat in clarified butter like we do with lobster out here on the east coast. What is that typically served with.
  • #38 by Queball on 09 Sep 2017
  • RR49,
    Are those tricky to cook? ..... Low or high heat? ... Do you baste to avoid drying the meat out? ....... What's the trick for a successful cook. I see these in the fresh case at my supermarket but have never taken the plunge.
    • Queball
  • #39 by riverrat49 on 09 Sep 2017
  • 165* for about an hour to hour and a half , we just wet them down and sprinkled with Tom Douglas "Seafood Rub with Love" after about 45 min gave them another "Misting" if they are uncooked crab it may take a little longer, please remember time and Temps can vary from smoker to smoker.

RR49,
    Are those tricky to cook? ..... Low or high heat? ... Do you baste to avoid drying the meat out? ....... What's the trick for a successful cook. I see these in the fresh case at my supermarket but have never taken the plunge.
  • #40 by Queball on 09 Sep 2017
  • So you are doing a reheat? .... Your crabs have already been cooked when you got them?
    • Queball
  • #41 by riverrat49 on 09 Sep 2017
  • Depends, with King Crab for us we can only get it pre-cooked, with Dungeness it depends on what the West-Side sends us  :rotf:

So you are doing a reheat? .... Your crabs have already been cooked when you got them?
  • #42 by Bobitis on 09 Sep 2017
  • So you are doing a reheat? .... Your crabs have already been cooked when you got them?

As a taxable magnet on the west side; I will say that it's nearly impossible to get uncooked crab at any 'outlet' store. I can get them at Pike Place, or maybe somewhere at Fisherman's wharf (where the boats dock). It's simply because the meat will spoil easily within a couple days if not properly cared for.

As Ratty said, Kings are always cooked prior to sale, Dungeness is most likely cooked as well. The way to tell is by the color. Uncooked Dungeness crab is pale greenish in color. It only acquires its reddish color when cooked, as opposed to its much smaller (yet as much tasty) red rock crab. These can only be had by self harvesting. Forget about kelp crab as there's no appreciable meat in them.

As far as smoking them; there's virtually no flavor added in the process. 99% of the meat is covered by shell. Smoke isn't going to penetrate that membrane.
  • #43 by Free Mr. Tony on 10 Sep 2017
  • Stuffed clams

• #44 by Queball on 10 Sep 2017
  • I'll be that's tasty! .... Do they get smokey at all?
    • Queball
  • #45 by pz on 10 Sep 2017
  • Nice! What did you stuff them with?
Pages:
Actions