Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stove top smoker? Anyone tried one?  (Read 393 times)

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: Stove top smoker? Anyone tried one?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 05:16:50 PM »

https://www.amazon.com/Camerons-Products-Stovetop-Smoker/dp/B0052DWUFS/ref=sr_1_5?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1530652484&sr=1-5&keywords=cameron+smoker

I have this one in my garage.  I think the last time I used it was probably 15 years ago.  Still have a ton of saw dust to use in it of a bunch of different flavors.

It worked fine for chicken breasts and sausage if I recall.  Only used it when it was too cold to cook outside.  But, back then, I was smoking on a gas grill with wood chips or pellets in a box.  Didn't have a pellet grill which is why it has been in a box in my garage for years now.

What do you think you would use it for that has you interested in one?
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Darwin

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 07:27:19 PM »

I have a few friends in the UK that use these or something similar for fish.  They are happy with it.  I see it as a limited ocassional use item.

Just David

• Using less gas.
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 11:52:53 PM »

I've got the Nordicware one you posted, and I previously had a Cameron's stovetop smoker (basically a 9x13 pan size stovetop smoker). They actually work surprisingly well in getting a creosote type of smoke taste in a short time period. I still use mine from time to time, but I don't think I would ever use it in the house. I use it with a coleman stove out back.
Masterbuilt XL pellet smoker, Traeger tailgater
Pages: [1]   Go Up