Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Memorial Day Weekend Grand Slam  (Read 1397 times)

Spartan Smoker

• Using less gas.
Re: Memorial Day Weekend Grand Slam
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2018, 11:57:03 PM »

Thanks all for the kind words.

I still had the sear plates on the left side, but will use them on the right going forward as it was suggested in the previous post.  Before the cook i did lightly rub the sear plates with olive oil.  I think that helps just a bit with the marks. 

I can tell you though that i have done these three times.  Although i had one with a flame up (see other post), it is by far the BEST thing i am smoking.  Who would of thunk it???  I presumed when i bought the bull i would stick entirely with the webber summit for steaks.  But, these things are soooo good that i can't resist doing it again this weekend.   

Another bonus is this seems to be the right time for cooking other things like baked potatoes, corn on the cob, mac & cheese, veggies, etc.  3 hour cook and some change.  Perfect! 
RecTec RT-700 with Cold Smoking Box

grilltreats

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
Re: Memorial Day Weekend Grand Slam
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2018, 12:33:37 AM »

TBH, I haven't built up enough confidence to do a steak on my RT yet.  My last steak was still done on my KJ sitting right next to my RT.  Thanks to your input, I'm gonna go for it on the RT and see if I can duplicate your success with a steak.  Thanks Spartan!
Kamado Joe 18" with CyberQ Wi-Fi controller
REC TEC RT-700 with front shelf and sear kit since 6/1/18
Bullseye since 4/6/19
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up