News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Igniter  (Read 385 times)

GatorDave

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
Igniter
« on: July 04, 2018, 05:57:31 AM »

Can the igniter get wet as long as your pit is not plugged in?  I'm just wondering for pit cleaning purposes.

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
Re: Igniter
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 12:59:42 PM »

I am not sure I understand your question completely.  Plugged in or not the igniter can get wet if water is present... Water inside the pit is a, NO, NO! = very bad..There is too much to damage using water:

Controller; Pellets in the hopper and worse, auger; Electrical connections.  Just, scrape, wipe and vacuum the inside. No chemicals either..Depending on the finish, stainless, powder coat etc, wipe down the

outside and use a detailing wax once in a while to keep it shiny and protected. If it's really bad a spray on cleaner (outside only) will help w/ the removal. Just don't neglect stains as they will bake on making

them more labor intensive to remove.

MP09

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 01:43:32 PM »

Summoned it up perfectly...
BGW Grid Iron and a bunch of old gassers "now retired"

GatorDave

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 02:07:29 PM »

I am not sure I understand your question completely.  Plugged in or not the igniter can get wet if water is present... Water inside the pit is a, NO, NO! = very bad..There is too much to damage using water:

Controller; Pellets in the hopper and worse, auger; Electrical connections.  Just, scrape, wipe and vacuum the inside. No chemicals either..Depending on the finish, stainless, powder coat etc, wipe down the

outside and use a detailing wax once in a while to keep it shiny and protected. If it's really bad a spray on cleaner (outside only) will help w/ the removal. Just don't neglect stains as they will bake on making

them more labor intensive to remove.

The only thing inside my pit is the igniter.  The auger and motor and electronics are outside and the pellets feed down a chute and drop into the firepit.  I'm going to get in there and see how easy/hard it is to pull out the igniter.  Then I can just run a hose inside and make my life so much easier when it's time to clean the pit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up