Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Chashub on 07 Jul 2018
  • Hello all,
    I haven't posted anything in awhile, summer takes me away from the computer. Anyway, I've planted my very first garden, albeit only jalapenos and tomatoes. Some of the jalapenos are ready. My question is does anyone have a salsa recipe they would like to share?
    Thanks in advance,
    Charlie
  • #2 by Darwin on 07 Jul 2018
  • Pico de gallo and "resturant salsa" are favorites of mine.  I am not much on recipes, but Google this site for a long list of good recipes. The red and raw red salsa are worth a look.
    mexican-authentic-recipes.com/recipe_index.html
  • #3 by dk117 on 08 Jul 2018
  • for me salsa is a process not necessarily a recipe.  Below I have too much tomato (one less would have been about right).  Thus my problem, I just throw it together.  Nonetheless.  Grilled tomato, tomatillo, serano, poblano, onion.  Then garlic, tajin seasoning, and lots of salt.   5 or so ancho chilies rehydrated with a cup or two of water simmering for 15 minutes.   All into the food processor.  Result is a warm smoky red salsa.   This is my  current favorite, but as mentioned before pico is a go-to for garden fresh.

DK

[ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]
    • dk117
  • #4 by Bentley on 09 Jul 2018
  • I am more of a pico de gallo guy for my salsa needs too!  And I get really funky and add avocado to mine!

Are you more of a finely puréed or a chunk style person when it come to the consistancy?
  • #5 by Mudflap on 10 Jul 2018
Pages:
Actions