Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Got it! Stampede first impression.  (Read 843 times)

Skeeter Bite

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
Got it! Stampede first impression.
« on: July 10, 2018, 11:50:13 AM »

Update on the stampede, got a call from UPS freight yesterday morning, They wanted to schedule a delivery for today. After talking to the girl due to them having to bring it in a truck with 45 foot trailer I elected to pick it up. I have a long winding driveway and not sure I could get the driver turned around to leave after the delivery. Ran out yesterday and picked it up. They loaded it with a forklift into my pick up and I was able to unbox it all in the back of my truck. With the help of my lovely wife we were easily able to carry it to the patio to assemble. It was really easy by the way to assemble and the hardest part was unpacking the parts, they were well packaged and absolutely no damage! I love/hate the way the bolts were packaged! No chance of one missing screw but you need a box knife or heavy scissors to get the package apart. Grab a socket set with a 3/4 inch socket (maybe 5/8 forgot) and a good Phillips screw driver and you all set. Forget about the lousy tools sent with the unit unless you dont own tools, they would work but really slow. It is nice they send them for apartment dwellers and young kids just starting out that dont own tools yet.

Did the initial burn last night and while that was going on downloaded the app and hooked up to my WiFi network. So easy it surprised me, I am not computer :clap: savvy at all so was pleasantly surprised.After an hour plus I slapped some thick cut bacon on the grill for some quick BLT sandwiches.

Just put a slab of St. Louis Style ribs on it for dinner tonight. Started the grill from my phone inside the house to warm it up to 225 and took about 10 minutes or less to get to temp.

So far I am overly impressed with the Rec Tec Stampede, Love the looks of it sitting on the patio. I am thrilled with the stainless steel all inside the unit, looks like it will last forever! Wife already told me our grocery budget is going to go up due to all the meat we are going to have to buy!

cookingjnj

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Branchburg, New Jersey
Re: Got it! Stampede first impression.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 12:03:30 PM »

Congrats SB.  The Stampede looks like a great pit, I am sure you will get years of great cooking from it.  Look forward to seeing and hearing about your future cooks.

Smeauxkin

• Using less gas.
Re: Got it! Stampede first impression.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 01:55:25 PM »

Congrats! Mine is on the truck. Glad I ordered when I did. REC TEC site shows them unavailable until October. The suspense is maddening.
Pages: [1]   Go Up