Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ordered 2 new Stampedes today  (Read 4759 times)

okie smokie

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
Re: Ordered 2 new Stampedes today
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2018, 09:26:36 AM »

Whoops.  Thanks

Ross77

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2018, 10:17:10 AM »

Rec Tec web site clearly describes only the grates and the firepot as 302 SS.

304 S/S  :rotf:   https://www.rectecgrills.com/rec-tec-grills-stampede/

Any one care to chime in on their favorite brand of pellets?  Deal killer for me is often the cost of shipping.

Lumberjack if you have local sellers nearby. Check their website or Craig’s List.
Rec Tec RT-680 Char-Broil Patio Bistro  MES: Sold WSM: Sold

LowSlowJoe

• Smoking out of southeastern Michigan
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2018, 10:45:24 AM »

Where are you at Mark609? 

If you have a Rural King store near you, check them... they have good pricing on some Lumberjack pellets.    But , regardless of where you live, if you can find a local dealer, you might be able to get good deals...  if they are not trying to get rich selling them.
Fast Eddy PG500, Traeger Texas, Traeger Junior, Traeger PTG, GMG Davy Crockett

grilltreats

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2018, 12:36:10 PM »

I didn't have a good source for Lumberjack pellets in my area except for Dick's, which I do not visit due to their stance against the 2nd amendment.  So, I went online to BBQPelletsOnline.com and jumped in on a group buy.  With shipping, a quarter ton (520lbs or 13 40lb bags) cost me a total of $230.45, which averages out to be $0.44 per pound.  My cost was a little more than it would have been normally for LJ pellets because I ordered some of their more expensive line of pellets like the 100% mesquite, pecan and apple pellets.  Their standard pellets, like 100% hickory, oak-hickory-cherry and pecan, apple and mesquite blends and many others would have been cheaper.

I found this route to be very easy and the cheapest route for me for quality pellets, but did take a little time being a group buy.  I now have a nice selections of quality pellets without all the travel and price hunts.  I do have access to a Walmart and the PB pellets, but many report that they are not high quality pellets, which I do not care to use.  I also have a nice supply of Rec Tec pellets which are good, but the cost on them with shipping is much higher.
Kamado Joe 18" with CyberQ Wi-Fi controller
REC TEC RT-700 with front shelf and sear kit since 6/1/18
Bullseye since 4/6/19

LowSlowJoe

• Smoking out of southeastern Michigan
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2018, 02:18:50 PM »

Group buys are for sure a very good thing....     after you've done a few, you should start to know more and more people near by who have interest in it, and it gets easier and easier to get a group buy going.
Fast Eddy PG500, Traeger Texas, Traeger Junior, Traeger PTG, GMG Davy Crockett

grilltreats

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2018, 11:06:04 AM »

I only use LJ pellets now, and typically 100% flavors.  When I started out without LJ pellets, I used a smoke tube with RT pellets and wood chips mixed together in a smoke tube.  All very dry.  I haven't used a tube in a longtime now.  Smoke your meats for an hour on "lo" or 225° and then turn up the heat.  You'll get good flavor.

I don't spend one red cent in a Dick's due to their stance against the 2nd amendment.
Kamado Joe 18" with CyberQ Wi-Fi controller
REC TEC RT-700 with front shelf and sear kit since 6/1/18
Bullseye since 4/6/19
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up