Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by ZCZ on 13 Jul 2018
  • This looks fabulous. Will have to try it sometime.

The sauce is the boss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuPGQY0nEkI&feature=share

Z
  • #2 by Peterwoody on 14 Jul 2018
  • Back in the sixties this used to be the height of sophistication !. I recall my wife and I ordering this with a shrimp cocktail for starters and washing it down with Mateus Rose. We now laugh about it.
  • #3 by pmillen on 14 Jul 2018
  • Back in the sixties this used to be the height of sophistication !. I recall my wife and I ordering this with a shrimp cocktail for starters and washing it down with Mateus Rose. We now laugh about it.

I could have written that exact post.  We don't laugh about it now, though, we kinda' miss it.

In the late 60s I took a business trip with a Nun from from Bismarck, ND to Minneapolis, MN.  We stayed at the Sheraton Ritz and I ordered it for both of us for dinner in the Rosewood Room.  Same wine, even.
  • #4 by ZCZ on 14 Jul 2018
  • Mateus Rose’
    Now there’s a blast from the past.
    Have not heard of that for quite some time. Is it even available anymore?
    Z
  • #5 by pmillen on 14 Jul 2018

• I don't see it in wine shops but it's available online.  The bottle has changed from this.
  • #6 by Bentley on 14 Jul 2018
  • To me, the sauce is wasted on a good cut of meat with flavor, but I will say of the "higher" end cuts, tenderloin probably has the least flavor!  Right, until I eat one and I think why don't I have this more often!  Uhh, $14/lb maybe a reason!

I did not associated the name of the wine, but when I saw the bottle I remembered it!
  • #7 by Trooper on 14 Jul 2018
  • I did not associated the name of the wine, but when I saw the bottle I remembered it!

Ahhhh. Remember those thrilling days of yesteryear?
Pages:
Actions