Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by reubenray on 17 Jul 2018
  • I installed a rotisserie on my GMG DB and I am looking for something to close up the two main holes when I am not using the rotisserie.  I have been looking for something similar to the SS piece that covers up the hole that I run my meat sensor through on the DB.

Any ideas?
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 17 Jul 2018
  • I installed a rotisserie on my GMG DB and I am looking for something to close up the two main holes when I am not using the rotisserie.  I have been looking for something similar to the SS piece that covers up the hole that I run my meat sensor through on the DB.

Any ideas?

Nut and bolt
  • #3 by reubenray on 17 Jul 2018

Any ideas?

This was my first idea, but with washers also.  The hole is 3/4" diameter.  Getting something like what the DB has for the sensor cable would be so much easier.  I have been trying to think what it is called where I can do a search.  I even checked GMG website for a part name or number.

Nut and bolt
  • #4 by Ralphie on 17 Jul 2018
  • Would a simple refrigerator magnet work? A flat magnet that's wide enough. 
  • #5 by Bar-B-Lew on 17 Jul 2018
  • Grommet
  • #6 by triplebq on 17 Jul 2018
  • Would a probe port work?
  • #7 by reubenray on 17 Jul 2018
  • Would a simple refrigerator magnet work? A flat magnet that's wide enough.

This would work, but will the magnet work with the heat?
  • #8 by pmillen on 17 Jul 2018
  • Heat above 180° will cause some types of magnets to fail, see this site.  I suspect that the strength loss is cumulative; each time they are heated they lose a portion of their current strength.
  • #9 by GREG-B on 17 Jul 2018
  • I would think a piece of oak made to resemble the probe whichamacallit would do the trick also.  Set screw adjusted to just allow the disc to rotate.
  • #10 by slaga on 17 Jul 2018

Any ideas?

A 1/4" thumb screw and nut with (2) "fender washers" or "oversized washers". You can find them at most any Home Depot, Lowes or Ace Hardware. At McMaster Carr, you can get "oversize washer" for a 1/4" bolt with an OD of 1/2" to 3" with about 11 different sizes in between. They even have the washers in stainless steel.
  • #11 by grilltreats on 17 Jul 2018
  • Like you mentioned in the OP, a SS or aluminum piece.  Drill one hole near the edge of the piece and through the grill, then use a proper length rivet for the overall thickness.
  • #12 by yorkdude on 17 Jul 2018
  • Google chair glide. Tube cap or prong slide. Used them lots of times throughout the years for different things.
  • #13 by W6YJ on 17 Jul 2018
  • Another simple fix would be a snap in hole cover.

Google: stainless steel hole caps

Quick on and off.
  • #14 by grilltreats on 17 Jul 2018
  • Another simple fix would be a snap in hole cover.

Google: stainless steel hole caps

Quick on and off.

I think that is a good idea, and the easiest quick fix.  You just gotta keep up with the caps is all, and maybe use a tool to remove them.
  • #15 by reubenray on 17 Jul 2018
  • I dug into my junk bucket and found enough SS bolts, nuts and washers to plug my two holes.  This will be good enough until I figure out something else (if I decide to).
Pages:
Actions