Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by LowSlowJoe on 17 Jul 2018
  • I've re-discovered the love of grilled burgers on my PG500

Lumberjack Charblend hickory, HHT = 70, LHT 30, set temperature 480F.  Easily gets the direct grilling area up to 650F in about 15 minutes ,  plenty hot enough to grill on.  Also gives me time to form some 1/3rd lb. patties. Let it go a bit longer and you can easily hit 750F

Classic burgers,  as good or better than any others.
  • #2 by LowSlowJoe on 17 Jul 2018
  • A couple days later,  I grilled a couple Jalapeños to go with some burgers
  • #3 by LowSlowJoe on 17 Jul 2018
  • Tonight,  grilled onions... burgers toppings including homemade surkraurt with honey hot sauce to make some Asian inspired burgers ( kraut and hot sauce making a pseudo kimchi )
  • #4 by triplebq on 17 Jul 2018
  • To me the grilling function of the Cookshack PG500/PG1000 is killer. Those burgers look  :lick:
  • #5 by Bentley on 17 Jul 2018
  • It is a grilling machine!
  • #6 by Canadian John on 18 Jul 2018

•  Nice! There is nothing like kissed by fire cooked meat using a wood fire.
  • #7 by LowSlowJoe on 20 Jul 2018
  • It's funny, I didn't really buy the PG500 for it's grilling ability... in fact in two years, I've probably used the direct grilling less then 12 times total.  I've probably cooked probably at least 120 other types of cooks on it. 

For my small family of 3, it's really got enough grilling space on it, but I could see that if you wanted to grill for a lot more people the direct grilling space would start to get pretty tight. But for me, it's really wonderful...  10 or 15 minutes tops to get it up above 650F, another 10 minutes or so to cook... and then I just turn it down to 170F for a little while to let the strong flames die down , and flip the power switch back off... couldn't be much easier really.
Pages:
Actions